1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

[case closed] My first Indochino - should I ask for remake or refund? *REFUND*

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by fcong, Oct 14, 2015.

1. fcong

fcong Member

Just received my first m2m suit from Indochino (well, actually this was the first time I bought suit online, although my wife kept telling me not to). It looks really bulky (my wife was laughing while taking pic for me). I have to say I was very disappointed.

Can you guys give me some suggestions - what should I do, take it to a local tailor for adjustments or send it back for remake?

Update: thanks for all your attention ... case closed, I'll be sending the whole package back for a full refund, it was the first time and probably the last time I've ever bought suit online, sigh

Anyone had experience buying a suit from the the following outlets? Please share, thanks!
    Nordstrom rack
    Saks OFF 5TH
    Armani Outlet
    Ferragamo outlet

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  2. David Reeves

David Reeves Well-Known Member

Looks like a cheap suit to me.....oh it is a cheap suit.

3. fcong

fcong Member

So... it's not even worth to have it adjusted?

4. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

5. GBR

GBR Well-Known Member

Get your money back or burn it - then never try to get anything made online again.

6. fcong

fcong Member

7. fcong

fcong Member

Alright :-(

8. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

No need to apologize. Don't mind GBR....he is obsessed with fire for whatever odd reason....99.9% of his posts contain the words "burn it". He needs a hug.

2 people like this.
  9. WhereNext

WhereNext Well-Known Member

10. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Well-Known Member

i have seen a lot worse.

not sure what sort of outlets are in the garment for a tailor to even work with.

the pants can be salvaged. just let out the hip.

the jacket will be fine as long as you never button the coat....

the jacket can not be altered to fit properly. too much wrong.

11. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Well-Known Member

All I'll say here is that Indochino was my (and no doubt many others) first step into anything made for me. After one suit I realized a lot about fit and quality and stepped up to my local tailors who have made many much monies off me. It's a feeder system (farm club?) for people like you if you make 'em feel welcome.

But also this. For sure this.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  12. mike05257

mike05257 New Member

I'm very new to this, so it would be nice if people could point out why/how/where the suit is not fitting well.

To me, it looks too tight in the chest when buttoned, and the pants are too tight in the hips, causing the pockets to bulge out.

What else am I missing?

13. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Well-Known Member

you are correct about the pants.

those can be let out(hopefully)

the balance of the jacket is way off.
    the collar opening of the jacket is too big.
    you do not seem that hard to fit.
    you would be better off in a half way decent RTW suit

indochino makes a awful garment.

14. dreamspace

dreamspace Well-Known Member

It's just too short and the button-stance is too high. You look like you're wearing a Short suit.

15. fcong

fcong Member

You're right, I was kinda shocked when I put them on this morning ... all my RTW suits are way better than this one, sigh

16. comrade

comrade Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. ( For some reason my computer did not display the photos of your
    suit, so I cannot comment on the fit) . Last year Indochino hosted a meet-up for SF
    in San Francisco at their store here. The people from Indochino were very nice.
    But among the numerous MTM vendors who have hosted Style Forum meet-ups in San
    Francisco, Indochino's offeriings were the worst. Even if your order fit properly,
    it would have loudly proclaimed "Dreck"- a garment industry worrd for abysmal
    quality. As for style, don't get me started.

17. comrade

comrade Well-Known Member

Anyone had experience buying a suit from the the following outlets? Please share, thanks!
    Nordstrom rack
    Saks OFF 5TH
    Armani Outlet
    Ferragamo outlet

Been in several. Never bought anything. As a rule these outlets do not sell the same merchandise
    as the store name would suggest, e.g. Saks, Nordstom,etc. They stock much lower quality clothing
    than their parent stores, clothing that is purchased for the outlets. Occasionally one can find "real"
    Saks or Nordstom merchandise, but that is the exception.

18. fcong

fcong Member

I just went to the official website of Saks off 5th, it looks like there're plenty of good deals (based on the degree of discount shown) for brands such as Armani Collezioni, Corneliani,Giorgio Armani, Hickey Freeman, and Canali. But what I'm not sure is their quality, any thoughts? Perhaps, I could order some online and if not satisfy, then return to my local Saks off 5th?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015