1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Cars!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by VMan, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Horace

Horace Well-Known Member

I like the old-new style of the Ford Thunderbird that they started making again. I like the Mini too.

2. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

god i miss driving....

my first car was a 1974 Datsun 1600 - I loved that thing. 1600 engine, rear wheel drive, turboed - the most fun car i ever had. Little rally thing that loved to be thrown around.

Followed that with a Suzuki Swift GTi - had a lot of fun in that thing too. All in all, I prefered my Datto - but I liked the Swift.

Had a R33 Skyline GTS-t after that, which a lot of people loved, and for raw horsepower was hard to top - but i found it heavy and cumbersome and got sick of the insane insurance I was paying on it...

Sold it and bought a Mitsubishi FTO GP version R, which I custom imported into Australia from Japan.

That car rocked. Turned so many heads. Only thing I didnt like was the front wheel drive, which cost me some drift points (esp compared to the Skyline), but on the whole, I much prefered it. Plenty fast enough for my needs...and then I moved to Asia and have driven about five times in five years.

3. Roy

Roy Well-Known Member

I was in of my neighbours garage and came across this beauty: [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Huntsman

Huntsman Well-Known Member

That really is very depressing.

5. Roy

Roy Well-Known Member

(Roy @ July 10 2005,16:52) I was in of my neighbours garage and came across this beauty:
    That really is very depressing.
    Yup, almost half a year old and less than one thousand miles on it.

6. Asterix

Asterix Well-Known Member

My next car (dream car [​IMG] Â ) would be the W12 Audi A8. [​IMG]

7. Huntsman

Huntsman Well-Known Member

I must say there is nothing, just nothing, like a V-12. They redefine smooth, and have unerring presence. Sad about the governor, though, unless it is near the actual top end. Roy, less than a thousand? It is sad to see that all the recent used Astons available always have really low mileage -- I suppose those who can afford them tend to have drivers, and the ones who do enjoy them never sell them. Regards, Huntsman