1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

Removed the tints from my car. I like the look. Looks cleaner.

Maybe I'll change my tune re: dem tintz.

Dat fender flare

[​IMG]

Edit: finally passed my inspection! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    2 people like this.
  2. ramuman

ramuman Well-Known Member

Most cars do.

The C5, C6 and C7 have among the lowest barriers to entry to be a douche tho (in the car world).

Saying things like 'driver error' make it seem like the guy was flying an F-35. The guy was a middle aged moron, as was the guy filming it and bragging about cost of the tires.

Many of the people that try to race me stoplight to stoplight are C7 drivers. I've only bit the bullet once - with a C7 ZO6. The guy had a leather Corvette jacket on, propped up sunglasses and the works. He also, literally, tried to race me for more than a half dozen times prior. I was coming back from an Asian diner in a car that seats 5+2 and happened to be electric.

I finally had to wait for him when he pulled up and I gave him a wink and blew him a kiss.My econo-sedan turned out to be somewhat fast. He raced off again.

3. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

C5-7 are Audi model codes as well, which oddly enough is also true

1 person likes this.
  4. Restomod

Restomod Member

I don't doubt that encounter at all. I refuse to associate with guys like that, and have seen the same behavior amongst C5/C6 guys. Here it's Mustangs, most seem to have open pipes/cutouts and are driven like it's stolen. Almost as if it's an inferiority complex to display what they have to other top tier performance cars. Luckily I'm friends with several and know that aren't all bad.

What do you have in the stable?

5. Seamless

Seamless Well-Known Member

A customer ran into my b5 today at my friends shop. :(

6. ramuman

I have a boring econo coupe and econo sedan. Both will be replaced soon enough.

7. GreenFrog

I know the feeling. I get a lot of guys in Aventadors and 458s revving their engines at the light when I'm in my One-77 or P1.

1 person likes this.
  8. Seamless

Seamless Well-Known Member

I almost believed this. You guys are at least lucky. All I ever get are civics and rust buckets coming after the audi.

9. brokencycle

brokencycle Well-Known Member

Don't you have a tesla and some other fancy cars?

10. Alpha11

Alpha11 Well-Known Member

So what do you drive that enables you to leave behind a Z06 with it's tail between it's legs? That car is about a 475+ HP. and 3600 pounds. Qtr mile times should be in the the low 11's at around 114 to 125mph.

11. jbarwick

jbarwick Well-Known Member

@Alpha11 - It seems you've never been to Dallas. What was stated is accurate with Corvettes and Mustangs and also with exotics. McLaren's, Ferrari's, Porsche's, AMGs, and all sorts of other cars do it. It is like a rite of passage that you act like a douche in Dallas with a car. Hell GreenFrog used to live there with an M5 and ended up in a curb with a busted wheel.

2 people like this.
  12. GreenFrog

Can confirm.

1 person likes this.
  13. Restomod

Restomod Member

Whoa...

Ramuman... I'm not generalizing and saying ALL the drivers of car XXX are douchebags. What I did say was no matter the group, Mustangs, Corvette, Beemer, and even exotic owners all have guys in their clique that act as such. Nothing more, nothing less.

The Dallas car scene is very unique, those whom live here can attest to that.

14. GreenFrog

Rumor has it that Chris Harris will be joining the Top Gear cast on BBC.

Not sure what to make of that.

15. Restomod

Restomod Member

Heard Sabine is as well...

1 person likes this.
  16. ramuman

A P85D and M4 - I'll step my game up.

Also, if they take on their roles, it couldn't happen to two nicer people. I've mentioned how much I love Sabine and Harris earlier in this thread.

17. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Sabine is already host on a German tv show

18. ramuman

I agree with that, but it's not exclusive to Dallas, come over to Cali to see douche-baggery :).

19. Alpha11

Alpha11 Well-Known Member

I actually lived in baytown outside Houston, station at Killeen Texas (Ft. Hood) and have traveled to Dallas and stayed their for 21 days. I know how the city is and the street racing scene. Not my cup of tea as there is really no good way to gauge a car true performance doing runs from one stop light to another or a quick sprint down the highway. Each car has a different power bands and will perform better when they reach those power bands.

Example: back in the days guys thought the 5.0 mustang were faster than the IROC Z28 and off the line with 3:73 gears they were, when the Z28 had 2:73. However, once you get those cars into higher spend 60 and plus the Z28 was always pull away. Just one example that way I say meet me at the track then we can talk.

20. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

I never thought bbc could do anything to save that show, but this might be the one move that does it. those two are lovely people and great hosts, hopefully they have onscreen chemistry