1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. jet

jet Well-Known Member

sup with the 991? i'd never even consider it for lack of a proper trans

seriously if I were you i'd sell that shit while the value is high as fuck, you'd be a fool not to unless you plan on keeping it for 10+ years

2. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

The first few units caught fire and Porsche decided it needed to replace the entire motor for every single car in production after diagnosing the defect. At my dealer there are 7 Gt3's just sitting in service bays waiting or new motors.

I'd sell mine if I found a car I liked better. I haven't yet tho, and the 911's always been my grail car

3. jet

jet Well-Known Member

ya i just saw that in a quick search after i posted, glad that happened to porsche (not the owners)

i hear you

4. size 38R

size 38R Well-Known Member

Re-posted from the thrift thread a few days ago. just a taste of what's to come. i promised homeless classics and some cool stuff......

Is this stash a legit find?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So, chillin out talking cars with a guy i met outside this lot. i told him how surprised i was to see all these Auto-Grailz. and he says, "these are all mine, and most are for sale". (Well?) [​IMG]
    so we talked for a few more minutes, then he says "Come and see what we are working on" (omg yes....) inside i saw all of this going on........

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"Hakouska GTR" replica, with a very special L28 that will make 400hp. this guys attention to detail even blew my mind.( and i am super fussy) that is him, note the plastic on all parts getting test fitted. and the Lotus in pieces behind it.
    [​IMG]
    a TVR Cerbera, getting made faster......

[​IMG]

A Lotus Europa, with "Senna" Badging??????? Ayrton Senna edition???? WTF?!!!!!
    [​IMG]

This Elise is no doubt a weapon on the track. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The "Engine room" was full of Porsche Engines in boxes, the engine for the Hakouska, and Alfa Romeo bits. the magic happens in here.

His ride?
    [​IMG]

Another member might notice a car the same as his in the background, a W8 Passat Wagon.

So why was all this happening?? my new friend asked if the car across the street was mine, i said yes. he asks, do you know the company "JUN"??? yes indeed!
    oh, good. i used to work for them. (insert mind blown gif here) . - he is one of the visionaries behind the JUN masterpieces like the "Hyper Lemon" that Jeremy clarkson test drove.
    [​IMG]
    And yes, he will be helping me to turn my humble "Thriftmobile" in to a monster. because this Ferrari Driver builds The worlds meanest Skylines. [​IMG]
    just an awesome day. with 4 Ferrari's, 2 Porsches, and other classics available for the guy who wants to Kop the next "Thrifted Ferrari" -Serious Buyers only.

#somebodykopthese

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  5. akatsuki

akatsuki Well-Known Member

is that why I can't find a reasonably priced 997 turbo s cab either?

6. deepitm

deepitm Well-Known Member

You want a turbo s cab? Please don't get a cab. Please get a hard top.

Anyway, GT3 engine is it's own thing if I am not mistaken.

You're probably having a hard time tracking one down because they're rare. They just don't make many Turbo S models. All those premo models are pretty limited runs. Turbo S, GT2, GT3. Porsche sells hardly any 911s when compared to the rest of their product line (Boxster, Cayman, Cayenne, Macan). It is shockingly low on a global scale when compared to sthing like Audi or BMW.

7. akatsuki

Frankly I'd only get a cab. I am never going to track the thing. And having a convertible is about 10x more enjoyable for me than 150% more stiffness or whatever. And, frankly, talking to another Turbo owner here in my building, he regrets not getting a cab since it is easier to put your kids in car seats in the back over the side with the top down.

8. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

As "gay" as convertibles are, nothing beats open air driving.

9. jet

jet Well-Known Member

would never get a cab shit is for hairdressers, but if u must just get a turbo

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  10. akatsuki

Insecure much? Who the fuck cares what other people drive? If I wanted to impress people, I would buy at least a F12 or something similar since 911s are pretty much all over the Bay.

1 person likes this.
  11. jet

jet Well-Known Member

calm down chiefy i don't care what you drive but a turbo s cab is laughable

12. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind a m4 or m6 cab or a E63 cab, when they finally make it.

13. jbarwick

jbarwick Well-Known Member

Jag F-Type is nothing to laugh at either. Saw one yesterday and didn't mind it at all.

14. akatsuki

I am definitely on the outside here, but I just don't think the looks are all that great. It isn't terribly different than an S2000 crossed with a 370z or something like that. As far as looks go, it has nothing on the Maserati Gran Turismo for example.

15. Viral

Viral Well-Known Member

so that's why you don't have a 911 Turbo S cab??

what do you drive?

16. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

I used to love them, and had a serious hard-on for the F-Coupe, but I'm starting to look at them how you are.

17. mbaum

mbaum Well-Known Member

Why? Don't you still get it with the 7-speed manual? And, if it is your thing, PDK is likely best in the industry. And the 991 is the best looking since 993.

Why the fuck do things always have to have a potentially condescending gay reference? Two very gay gentlemen driving extremely gay cars (Whatever the fuck that means ... ).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

I think the hairdresser reference, is its a girls car not gay.

19. yywwyy

yywwyy Well-Known Member

I completely don't understand why one would view open top cars so negatively. I've actually never heard that, ever. In terms of Porsche, I've heard that the boxster is a hairdresser's car in California. Even that's stupid... go drive a boxster and find out.

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

So the 2015 Dodge Challenger with the Hellcat engine will be pumping out 707 hp.