1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    3 people like this.
  2. thecentennial

thecentennial Well-Known Member

Picked up an 06 Alpina B5 a couple of weeks ago. Enjoying the 530bhp and 730 NM torque it puts out through the rears. Dont think you got these in the states (?).

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Saw a 2 series coupe the other day GF should get one of those.

4. size 38R

size 38R Well-Known Member

Perhaps you could loan the current Tesla, to see just how much better yours will be??

Also, i took Mrs 38R to the local Toyota dealership. with "Safety" in mind. what could be one of the safest cars for a couple with 1 Baby on the way??............
    [​IMG]
    -A 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

the height, with the small rear doors will make it great for a baby chair, and i gotta say, the test drive was super impressive. silent, smooth, easy to clean,and more airbags than the playboy mansion... it hits the speed limit at 1000 rpm. so good on the econony thanks to the 5 speed auto slushbox. massive rear window makes reverse parking a breeze. the best part? we are looking at getting one with all the driveline upgrades, at only 40k including taxes!!!!!!!!!!!
    Most importantly, it is a BEAST in the snow, and on ice. - and she is digging it. just need to pick a color now.......[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  5. akatsuki

akatsuki Well-Known Member

Better than my attempt to convince the wife that a restored, lifted FJ40 would be a suitable bridge vehicle until the Tesla arrived. I think the kids would think it was awesome, but the wife completely disagrees.

1 person likes this.
  6. Concordia

Concordia Well-Known Member

Took the Deathmobile out for a spin today. 1970 Dodge Coronet station wagon (tomato red), with black interior and NO options. No A/C, radio, power windows, or anything else they thought was cool back then. A real land yacht, totally unrestored but very clean, with less than 7,000 miles on her.

I'm not sure how legal the seat belts are, but so far nobody's stopped me. My biggest worry is the outside rear view mirror, which gets readjusted by the wind whenever I go much above 30 mph.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  7. mbaum

mbaum Well-Known Member

What's up with those significant others? It is a perfectly fine bridge vehicle ...

1 person likes this.
  8. deepitm

deepitm Well-Known Member

Picked up an E46 M3 recently. I saw some discussions re: future value, depreciation, value retention, etc. I am really not sure. I couldn't figure out if I really thought they were gonna be a collector car or not. As someone stated before, if there are 80k or so of them, then that makes it difficult. 1M is probably a better bet. Anyway, the fact of the matter was that E46 M3 is a great car and it just got so dollar cheap that even if it declined in value by 50% I wouldn't care and it wouldn't be that big of a loss. Someone stated before that maintenance is expensive. Definitely true. You gotta make sure you pick up a well taken care of example and have a mechanic you can trust. The various bimmer forums are helpful for things too.

Either way, I am not super hopeful or concerned about investment retention on the E46 M3 because I was looking at it as my somewhat daily driver. However, I did decide that the best odds of making that happen was with a later model (05 or 06). Then I figured it should be a competition package car since they only made like ~1k per year in the US (I think). Within that a rare / exclusive color is even better. And the black leather ages much better than the grey, so went with that. So I ultimately got an 06 Interlagos Blue. Ended up getting an SMG which will likely not have anywhere near the desirability of a manual, but my wife drives this one too, so had to make a compromise there.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

10. jet

jet Well-Known Member

I love how people act like the zcp package is anything other than just a package with a few different items bolted on. Either way congrats and strip the tint. A shame on the manual bit though.

1 person likes this.
  11. deepitm

I will be the first to admit that ZCP is pretty stupid. Some people try to act like it is a CSL lite or something, but it isn't. That said, when it comes to matters of collect-ability, rarity is probably more important than anything. And aesthetics play big role. In my opinion, Interlagos Blue is a great color. And in my opinion, those BBS wheels that were exclusive to the ZCP are the best looking of the bunch. But from a performance perspective? Basically the same car. But hey, this is (all) style (no substance) forum!

12. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

The wheels are the best part of the package, no doubt.

I know with the F10 M5, people who have driven both with and without the Competition Package rave about how much better the CP-equipped car is.

13. jet

jet Well-Known Member

ya the wheels are nice but i change those anyway and honestly the oem 19s are the best of the bunch imo, just an iconic signature wheel that stil looks amazing...interlagos is nice just looks too purple like velvet blue in some light

really want a black manual f430 slammed on challenge centerlocks and no cats, one day it'll be mine

14. deepitm

With the recent acquisition of the M3, might end up getting rid of the 993. Will be sad to see it go if I do sell it, but I really don't need 1 car, let alone 2 rather impractical sports cars.

[​IMG]

15. Find Finn

Aren't those down at a price point, where its within reach nowadays.

16. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

More pics of the 993, please! Given how inflated the market is right now, you could probably sell that and pick up a 997 Turbo or something comparable.

I've lusted after the 993 for a few years and seen the "S" market absolutely explode and now even the narrow body cars are selling for obscene amounts of money.

Jet - nice spec, but I would add a Novitec front bumper. Mmm...

[​IMG]

17. jet

jet Well-Known Member

what, the M is a very practical car

finn ya they're slowly dropping but still around 130

the novi is cool but if I change it would probably get the scud bumper just love the angularity of it don't care if I get accused

it's crazy how much used porsche prices have risen, i remember looking at gt3s last year for like 75-80k for mk1 997s, now you can't even find a garbage one under 90, rather put that money towards a 430 (though a friend's friend is selling his orange RS for 110 that car is so me)

18. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

E46M's are great cars as long as you're ok with spending a couple grand every year or so going forward, and didn't pay the ridiculous prices a lot of delusional fanboys still want for their 'baby".

And please don't sell that 993. You'll regret it.

19. Find Finn

That much, I would have thought they were cheaper.

20. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

997 GT3 prices are unreasonable right now. Most likely because the new model is having problems and the purists are still upset about it, but I wouldn't expect these prices I hold for long. I suppose it's the perfect time to sell mine, but I really don't want to