1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

I spent $25 on lunch a few days ago. Kind of angered me.

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Fuck your lunch!

1 person likes this.
  3. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

Maybe it's time to say goodbye, MB, hello, BMW!

:nodding:

4. GreenFrog

I spent $33 on groceries tonight and it angered me.

Fucking chobani yogurt is $1.25 a pop!

5. gomestar

Agreed. It was tasty though.

And I technically earned more than that $25 by walking a dog beforehand (but let's be honest, the wife will use that for shoes)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  6. GreenFrog

3 num pang sandwiches?

7. gomestar

Epicerie Boulud. I've spent $150+ there for "let's stop in for a glass of wine before the show".

8. KenRose

KenRose Well-Known Member

No, I totally understand this. People said the same thing to me, that my "ego" was in the way when Porsche NA dropped the prices of their Canadian cars.....8 months after the Canadian dealer promised me they wouldn't do. Sold my Cayman S in January and now driving an F type. I love it but would have not even considered it had Porsche not been so short sighted and greedy.....

9. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Ken, was your Cayman the 981? Do you mind comparing it to your F type? One of those two is likely going to be our next car and I'd appreciate a review from someone who's owned both

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  10. GreenFrog

I get it, but your situation is different. I'm assuming the magnitude of the difference in $$ we're talking here is far greater in your case.

Plus, dropping the prices on cars -- isn't that set by corporate? I doubt dealers have any say in that and they were just saying shit to appease you. Granted, they shouldn't have fed you bullshit, but it's a different scenario.

11. KenRose

well, I don't want to get into specifics of my situation, it's been 8 years and I'm still pissed off. My point though is loyalty. Pio has leased 4 cars through the dealer, and the new GM is unwilling to meet the $25 per month? Assuming a 3 year lease the guy has now lost potentially 10 years of business over $900.

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Exactly.

13. KenRose

My Cayman S was a launch car, 2006 (987). Good car, not nearly as reliable as an air cooled 911, those days are long gone. Fantastic car, extremely practical and handled very well. Not a huge power house car, the 997 (base) and my current base F Type all feel much faster.

My F Type is beautiful. Much more sophisticated and luxurious than the 981, I would compare it to the 991 even those it is priced closer to the Cayman S and is a two seater. I have the base car which has the non adjustable suspension. Clearly not as supple as the Cayman, but this is the only area that I find it deficient. Other than that, I absolute love the F Type. Also, it's not practical at all with regards to luggage space. The trunk opening is way too small and the trunk is shallow as hell. But I still got it over the cayman S, even though it's my only car.

Coupe will be much more practical with the hatch but the Cayman will still be better in this regard. PM me if you need further details.

14. Superfluous

Superfluous Well-Known Member

I spent $16 on fried chicken for myself. It made me happy.

1 person likes this.
  15. GreenFrog

10 bucks says you went to bubba's cooks country

16. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Ah, thanks a lot for this. It's very helpful.

After talking a bit more it seems like wife is dead set on the 981 (that Jag F V8S is fucking awesome though).

Time to start the not so fun part of car shopping. Let's see if I get stuck over $25 a month too

1 person likes this.
  17. Superfluous

Superfluous Well-Known Member

Chicken Scratch

18. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Stop complaining, I can't remember the last time I left the grocery store without having spend $100+.

19. GreenFrog

Yeah, but you get 'free' healthcare.

:devil:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  20. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

"free" as in I pay 60% income tax, 180% car tax and 25% VAT.

1 person likes this.