1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

There are some pretty good deals to be had on 2-3 year old GTR's. kind of tempted.

1 person likes this.
  2. David23

David23 Well-Known Member

Do it! Best value supercar.

3. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Agreed. I have a mind to wait another year or two and pick up a used one.

4. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Have you guys driven it? I heard it kind of sucks in terms of driving feel/enjoyment. I don't expect it to be GT3-like but would hate a fast, numb car. I suppose it would all be cleared up with an involved test drive

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  5. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

They are called heat insulated windscreens/windows and they as stated reflect heat, it's a fairly new option, so you would have to fit carbon/nano film and it comes in the same tint as your windscreen (clear).

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

My new Benz has this from the factory. The only thing is you have to carefully place any RFID transmitters in the little cut out window provided, and even then, you have to pull close and slow to the receiver. This shows how well it actually works as I tried holding the RFID transmitter up to my window and it would not emit outside the vehicle.

7. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

I have not. I've talked to 2 owners that love it. I'd be curious to see how it feels.

8. David23

Ive driven a few. People say this because the car is so easy to drive at what they assume is its limit. Truth is they aren't even close to the cars limit. And yes it's best you test drive one to understand.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  9. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

I'm a huge fan of black interiors. Haven't had any other color interior since 2000.

10. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Get cooling seats, brah.

11. Find Finn

You can't have heat/noise insulated windscreens and active cruise control or garage opener (can't remember which) on Porsches.

12. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Driving slowly to activate EZPASS and the like is something I learned the hard way.

13. rocks

rocks Well-Known Member

Hmm, that means my hardwired V1 wouldn't function properly either with this screen technology....

14. Blackhood

Blackhood Well-Known Member

If its hard-wired wouldn't the sensor be outside the cabin?

15. A Y

A Y Well-Known Member

Hardwired for the V1 just means it's powered with some hidden wiring instead of a coiled cable plugged into the cigarette lighter.

16. Find Finn

Yes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

How often do you guys detail your cars?

I've yet to fully detail my car since I bought it 5 months ago and it's pretty filthy.

Problem is, I have community parking and all the traffic in the lot inevitably causes dust and dirt to cake up on the paint merely DAYS after it's cleaned.

It almost feels pointless to wash it because it gets dirty so quickly, and given my travel schedule, all it does is accumulate for days on end.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I wish I had a garage :(.

18. David23

Wash every week. 4-5 times a year I do a full detail.

19. epb

epb Well-Known Member

I pay for a full detail every spring, once we're pretty sure it will stop snowing here in Chicago; I wash my car once a week if it's not raining all weekend (literally 10 minutes and $3 in a spray bay - people spend more time and money on a trip to Starbucks if it's busy) and wax it every 2 months. For December, January, and February, I use a local hand-wash place that's about $8 + tip.

20. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Well-Known Member

I'm going to get a random orbital dual action polisher and some detailing pads for my car. Wash, clay, cut compound, polish, then synthetic long wearing wax.
    this sealant/polish stuff called Nu Finish that was recommended by a friend who has some NICE cars and details them often.

After the first go just wash regularly.

A few times a year do the clay bar, polish if necessary (probably not), and the Nu Finish again.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013