• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I understand wagons, it's the idiotic "super SUV's" that blow my mind.
The XM series, AMG Merc SUV's, etc.
The X6M has got to be one of the most unusual sales craze's of late, and the worst of the bunch.
They only seat 4, are horrible in the winter, have no storage space, and can't handle for ****, but I see the damn things everywhere! Two of my neighbors have them...
Make superwagons look completely sane.

The AMG G-wagen makes a little sense though, it's like the LC or RR but has off-road aptitude and is built pretty tough. The AMG engine just works as a high-power trim level and gives it some grunt, which you'd want in a truck like that anyway. The X6M, completely stupid.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Going past a big car paint shop with a huge glass front I saw a white 2000GT being painted... thought it might've been replica.. then I saw a GT40.. again, could've been a replica, then in the next booth there was a Maranello, then a 512 BBi, and then a Miura.... parking lot was full of RR's and Bentleys and random Porsches and Ferraris... haha.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not my picture, but I have one just the same and my what a slut she is :)

is this a 135i? i had one before my M3 - black sapphire with coral red/black leather interior. crazy little car - i always said i would modify it into this firebreathing little monster but ended up getting the M3 instead. interestingly, my 65 year old mother liked the 135i so much she is planning to buy one of her own

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

is this a 135i? i had one before my M3 - black sapphire with coral red/black leather interior. crazy little car - i always said i would modify it into this firebreathing little monster but ended up getting the M3 instead. interestingly, my 65 year old mother liked the 135i so much she is planning to buy one of her own

I have been eyeing a Monaco blue with cinnamon leather, that the local BMW dealer has 10 with 9k km on the clock.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

who would buy this though? GT3/2 cars are basically all the same price after they've been raced, doesn't matter if it's a fancy Ford or a Ferrari, they are loose little track whores not tight enough for a privateer team worth the competition. At $300K that's an expensive track car too, not for people who care about their money. Could come with a whole gang of spares and they'd still not be worth it.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indeed that is a 1M. At least from the looks of the wide fenders and front air dam.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah, good call. i missed the M front bumper. i tracked one of those at the BMW PDC and it was probably my favorite drive of the day. the instructors were yelling at me to take it faster through the slaloms...i didn't think i could go faster without munching the cones but they kept insisting that i was nowhere near the car's limits. they were only happy when i said '*******' and threw the car in so hard that i thought i was gonna roll over with each transition

of course, weren't you guys saying some pages back that the 1M isn't a true M car (that was probably jet :lol: )

jqmunro

Reaction score
Yeah it's a 1M. It's also quicker than the M3 on short tracks, and much more collectable ;)

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of dat ass:

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Still ain't a real M doggy.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I should know this, but I guess I don't because I don't care for the 1M so much, but does it have the same n54 (n55?) engine used in the 335is/Z4s/etc.?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads