1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Mannix

Mannix Well-Known Member

Not the best pic but here it is...Lincoln Town Car

[​IMG]

2. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Well-Known Member

3. il ciclista

il ciclista Well-Known Member

I drive a Jeep Cherokee and a Honda Prelude. Haha.

But here's my work in progress:

[​IMG]

1993 Mazda RX7. The wheels were painted by the previous owner. [​IMG] Bought it "not-running", fixed it, drove it for a few months before the rotary gave up, then did this to it:

[​IMG]

I'll have it running in November...I hope. Blasphemy aside, it should be a fun little car. My goal was a semi-rare car with great power, good gas mileage, bulletproof reliability, all while not looking ridiculous getting out of it in a suit.

that will be one awesome car when you are done, how hard was the swap? I sold my first gen gsl-se track car to a friend and he is putting in a q45(infiniti 300hp) engine in it now.

4. ScottMan

ScottMan Well-Known Member

It's not too bad. Granted, right now I'm about 85% done and sometimes that last 15% turns out to be the most difficult, but it's been fairly straight forward. Without-a-doubt, the hardest part is sourcing out the parts. There are three companies that produce the 4 parts you must have (subframe, trans mount, torque arm or diff mount, and driveshaft) and none of them are particularly quick about building them and shipping them out to you.

If you had all the parts, all the tools, and some typical shadetree mechanice knowledge and skill, you could probably have the car driving after 15 solid days of work. With all swaps and car work, most of your time is spent drilling out a stripped bolt or figuring out what happened to the very important subframe stud you were just holding. Haha.

I should also point out that my car won't be nearly the beast that most of these swaps end up as. I wanted to keep mine quiet, so I'm using stock manifolds, stock cam, catalytic converters, and a fairly tame exhaust. Most guys have 450whp the first time they turn the motor over. I'll have around 300whp, but that's perfect for me. It should be a low 12 second car, but won't drive passengers crazy. I usually build cars with a "funeral rule" in mind; would I feel ridiculous or disrespectful driving this car in a funeral procession? I think I'm okay in this one.

5. Mannix

Mannix Well-Known Member

^^^^^
    how old are you?

6. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Nice shine on the car.

7. Mannix

Mannix Well-Known Member

Nice shine on the car.

Thank you [​IMG]

8. epb

epb Well-Known Member

Seriously, you should say that when you mention the car - it's always the follow-up question, I've noticed.

9. oneeightyseven

I ask becasue, if you're into it, you can put air-ride suspension and a set of 15 inch wire rims on that car to make it look spectacular lol. I've always had a soft spot for lowriders. What I said is only appropriate for a younger guy to do, hence why I asked age lol.

10. Mannix

Mannix Well-Known Member

Seriously, you should say that when you mention the car - it's always the follow-up question, I've noticed.
    Lol next time I'll be sure to do that.
    I ask becasue, if you're into it, you can put air-ride suspension and a set of 15 inch wire rims on that car to make it look spectacular lol. I've always had a soft spot for lowriders. What I said is only appropriate for a younger guy to do, hence why I asked age lol.
    Well it has the factory air ride suspension already...the ride is quite nice. I was thinking of putting floaters on, I think those are neat and hilarious.

11. oneeightyseven

Well it has the factory air ride suspension already...the ride is quite nice. I was thinking of putting floaters on, I think those are neat and hilarious.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

obviously not looking like this crappy 300c, but the Towncar looks dope with bags and wires.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

12. Alias

Alias Well-Known Member

Those cars ride like cushions. It's awesome.

13. Mannix

Mannix Well-Known Member

obviously not looking like this crappy 300c, but the Towncar looks dope with bags and wires.

I knew what you meant, and have seen a few with that. It looks cool, just not for me. Thanks for the vid though

14. oneeightyseven

15. Mannix

Mannix Well-Known Member

What I drive:

[​IMG]

Nice Lankin...too small for my tastes but I love that grill.

16. oneeightyseven

Nice Lankin...too small for my tastes but I love that grill.

it is a small one, but the interior is nice (I got the beige one). I dont like the FWD though [​IMG]. I'm looking to buy the A5 within the next year, hopefully [​IMG]

17. Mannix

Mannix Well-Known Member

it is a small one, but the interior is nice (I got the beige one). I dont like the FWD though [​IMG]. I'm looking to buy the A5 within the next year, hopefully [​IMG]

I test drove the Zephyr/MKZ and didn't really like the dash design and cramped feel I got, but of course I'm used to the vast openness of the Town Car. Wish they would have updated the LTC with the old MKZ grill or something similar...that would have been *jizz in my pants* worthy.

Never was a fan of anything made by Audi, but that's just my opinion. I plan on keeping my current Town Car through college, and then after college custom ordering a L Series Town Car...if Lincoln still offers it. What can I say, I love LTCs. [​IMG]

18. oneeightyseven

I test drove the Zephyr/MKZ and didn't really like the dash design and cramped feel I got, but of course I'm used to the vast openness of the Town Car. Wish they would have updated the LTC with the old MKZ grill or something similar...that would have been *jizz in my pants* worthy.

Never was a fan of anything made by Audi, but that's just my opinion. I plan on keeping my current Town Car through college, and then after college custom ordering a L Series Town Car...if Lincoln still offers it. What can I say, I love LTCs. [​IMG]

lol I can tell you're into Lincolns. Don't worry, my mother and stepfather are nuts over lincolns too.

19. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

How do two 19 year olds, going to college, afford Lincolns? I apparently failed at life.

20. melwoesblvd

melwoesblvd Well-Known Member

first car was a 88 e30 at 20 y/o, thing was a piece of junk but needed something when i moved out here, needed a new tranny so i returned it to the only honest israeli i've met in LA
    then bought a 2000 clk 320 at 20 y/o, beautiful condition drove it for a year, sold it lost 3500 on it, needed $$$
    got a volvo 960 wagon 1996 was the year i believe, drove it for a few months, sold it and made maybe 100 after paying for gas/insurance for that time
    then got a 1999 volvo c70 vert, seats were absolute cracked crap, but not bad, sold it for what i paid after putting a bunch of money into it and driving it for 10 months
    now at 23 been driving this 2001 s60 t5 for almost a year, put some money into it again, its in amazing shape, and have vowed to keep it until 2012 when i will get a tesla s model sedan and never have to go to a gas station again in my life! (except for air)