1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. mike1445

mike1445 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    yes, saw a red one like this at work wednesday and stopped mid-sentence in a meeting as it drove by...i love the idea of Singer, though they take it to the extreme. Keeping that classic styling but updated inside out so it can be not just a daily driver but a daily performance driver, that little white one you posted would do just fine

2. mike1445

that same blog posted this just the day before, 912 with a STI transplant, sacrilege perhaps but sounds and looks great

3. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

It's gorgeous, and would be lots of fun to drive around.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  4. blahman

blahman Well-Known Member

My car. You mofos jealous?!
    [​IMG]

Yeah... that car aint getting me laid...

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

You never know, man. Just aim for the car-less audience, most likely to ride with you. You should be looking at the 15 and under category. Just don't speak of your deeds to anybody.

6. blahman

^^ Way ahead of you on that actually. I already have a plush toy in the back seat.

7. impolyt_one

I really like it. I went back and forth looking at this car and a black 993TT both up on the listings, and realized how those Porsche guys end up collecting several 911's at a time, there really is no substitute for each era, each one just does something different. I had an uncle (now divorced out, haha) who had about 10 911's at one point, all air-cooled WB's. His brother was into WC 944 cars, and had several.

Would love a long-hood SWB 911 with little Cibies in the front to cane around on 6" steels, a mint 80's 3.2 NB C2 impact bumper car in a funky color like that army green, a triple black 993TT, and then like, a new-age 997.2 or 991 C4S to truly daily drive. That would do it. :eek: I'd get something else with 4 doors, though.

8. RedLantern

RedLantern Well-Known Member

Rly? The 2nd gen E21 (1980-83) 320i had sensors.

9. mike1445

Smiling in agreement

10. impolyt_one

Was really looking forward to the CLS wagon, thought it'd be really cool looking and was one of the only new cars I would've been interested in signing my life away for. Kind of disappointed, tbh. That C-pillar is more R-class than E-class. It might look better in person with the height and all, but it's not very good looking IMO.

[​IMG]

11. mike1445

Honestly doesnt look like they added much int space, if you're gonna make a wagon, you should give it that proper third window and let the Internet exclaim "DAT ASS". First impression is they held too close to the sportback lines but perhaps theyre after the Porsche Panamera aesthetic, didn't and still don't love the looks of that but it's growing on me

12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

I think it looks rather nice, and this is coming from a guy who dislikes wagons.

13. impolyt_one

yeah fuck that CLS wagon, don't think I like much of what MB offers these days. Saw a matte bronze SLS cabrio yesterday that was pretty nice though. :eek:

I'm imagining what it'd be like to have all of these cars at once. I think all told, they'd be less than $250K for all 5 of them if I bought them on the used market right now, which is not bad, that's less than a brand new 911 turbo here. I just won't ever have the parking for all of them, and they deserve to get parked together. This is my dream car garage for today:

Early 911S on steelies (love the painted Dunlop logos, I would do Continentals or something and paint the logos in)
    [​IMG]
    SC or 3.2 Carrera with impact bumpers in this green:
    [​IMG]
    triple black 993TT. If I ever get one of these, I'll save some of the original parts for preservation and put the air ducts in the front, leather GT3 buckets in, a 3-spoke Ruf wheel, and then some sort of decent looking aftermarket wheels. Drive only occasionally
    [​IMG]
    997.2 for daily driving
    [​IMG]
    maybe this as a daily hauler? B10 4.6L wagon
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  14. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

That looks great, but I like the old R class.

Only problem I can think of is that the boot, is going to rubbish even though it's a wagon.

15. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

^^^I don't like wagons, and though this is better than most, I'm still not a fan.

16. blahman

^^ I don't understand sports wagons. Wagons are like family cars where you put your dog in the back or your picnic basket (never both together).

17. impolyt_one

What's so hard to understand about wagons? They fit things that sedans can't (keep in mind that fold-down seats in sedans are a relatively new invention across the board, and even then, many things just don't fit)... basically as much as a small SUV. On the other hand, most people never take their SUVs off road (or can't, since many are just for looks) and they'd be better suited by a car with a lower center of gravity and more car-like performance. The E55 AMG wagon from almost 10 years ago can do a standing 1/4 mile in the low 12's and runs neck and neck with a 996 turbo, and the E wagon is fairly large and capacious...

18. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

The new E class wagon has a bigger boot than the current X5.

19. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

I'm with blahman. I understand the concept of wagons. Makes sense.

I don't understand the concept of sports wagons, though. Totally defeats the purpose of having a car that drives faster and better by having a fat ass boot and additional weight.

I know I'm being ignorant, but sports wagons and high performance SUVs should not exist.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  20. mike1445

utility + fun + DAT ASS. whats not to get? i prefer some people dont get it, anyway.