1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

So... Um... My car runs now...

1 person likes this.
  2. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Well-Known Member

The police stopped by to verify my parking spot. and later today i get a temporary license plate rental. inching closer to daily driving the new car. [​IMG]

nice work @ridethecliche . taken it out for a drive?

3. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

Yessir.

I think there's an issue in the firmware because lifting off the throttle at any RPM makes the car jump up to 3k rpm before coming back down to idle. It made for a pretty interesting drive, but I just held the clutch in or used it as engine braking. I'm getting in contact with the folks that program the ECU to see if the next firmware update (in beta) fixes things.

As a side note this is what I have done since I last drove the car: roll bar, different seats, front and rear sway, adjustable endlinks, and ecu... The steering feel is totally different. It's pretty bizarre. I can't wait to have the weird idle-ish issue fixed so I can do a late night run of some of the roads around here. The roads are nice and curvy with good visibility. Fun to drive when you're not getting stuck behind traffic all the time since they're all one lane roads. Pretty zen, even at responsible speeds.

1 person likes this.
  4. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Well-Known Member

woohoo! The Darkness is roadworthy!

UnFacconable and jbarwick like this.