1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

If 330-350hp is 'severely underpowered'... :confused: modern things trouble me.... perhaps I should look into vintage cars.

2. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

lol, well, my zhp is 235 horsepower and it's just a straight 6. plenty fast for me tho.

3. ettebe

ettebe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Got the same thing, just slightly different mags for winter conditions.

It is a fun car to drive, I'll probably be changing it in the summer for the Turbo version. I need a little bit more kick. I like FWD, seeing it won't kill me in the winter. True, I could always try and find a decent / nice AWD.

4. Jorgeezy

Jorgeezy Well-Known Member

A really old Rover 420 2 litre Turbo Diesel hahaha

My first car, of which I cannot drive yet but my insurance policy kicks in on the 13th Jan (my birthday)

I think the numberplate on it "3 LBE" is worth more than the car lol :/

I still don't know how I got insured on a 2 litre with no driving experience and zero no claims but not complaining~

YOU MIRIN' BRAH?

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Seriously thinking of buying a Toyota Tundra this fall when my lease goes back. Double cab, 4x4, Limited all decked out. Pay it off in a couple years then get back to leasing luxo-barges. Just think it would be handy having a pick up.

6. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

7. impolyt_one

what is your financial philosophy behind buying the truck, but leasing your cars? Just wondering because I want to do the same essentially, but just felt it to be right, didn't really punch numbers on the truck idea because it's not that expensive, whereas the truck you're buying probably rings in pretty close to the cars that you lease, yeah?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  8. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Well-Known Member

he probably realizes that the truck will be his work horse and he will A) put a beating on it (mileage and or damage, depending on what he uses it for) or B) realizes he wants to keep it for a long time, whereas the luxury vehicles are expendable and you're gonna want a new one when the next gen comes out.

9. Benzito

Benzito Well-Known Member

It looks like you are Tebowing in your avatar (upper right). True believer.

10. Piobaire

I plan to keep the truck 12+ years. Will probably drive it for three years to pay it off then get back to leasing. I want a workhorse 4x4 so I drive to trail heads for hikes, toss fire wood in the back, transport bikes (and eventually my motorcycle), etc. When it comes to considering numbers...I've been getting 15k leases. Now I'll be able to go down 12, maybe even 10k leases and save quite a bit on the monthly. Also, I've been caught a few weeks between leases. Having the truck in reserve will prevent that from happening from either me or Mrs. Piob.

11. impolyt_one

The 12+ years figure was all I needed to know from that equation, thanks. I am thinking of the same but a 'truck' (actually a used SUV that will experience very little depreciation) about half the cost of what you were talking about.

12. Piobaire

Yeah, the price on the specific Tundra I want is a little prohibitive. Looking at about 51-52k MSRP. I will of course get several k off the MSRP then hope to score rebates and/or 0% financing. If the numbers do not work out I'm not sure what I'll do.

13. KurtS90

KurtS90 Well-Known Member

But a cheaper truck with less bells and whistles?

~Kurt

14. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

$51K Tundra? Am I missing something here?

15. oneeightyseven

pickup trucks are pricey. Some Fords and Dodges run into the 60k mark around here (our prices are higher than in the US so it seems pretty accurate).

16. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Ahh gotcha, doesn't say your location so I guess I just assumed it was in the US.

17. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Damn the new 6 series Gran Coupe is sexy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Piobaire

Crew Max cab, Limited, Platinum Package, 4x4 TRD. As for missing something, no, this truck isn't missing a thing. Even has the perforated leather seats that blows AC up your ass :)

19. oneeightyseven

cooled seats have been in my car since I was 16....it's about climate controlled steering wheels!!!!!

20. Piobaire

When I was 16 I worked the entire summer to buy our family its only car. True story.