• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No extra cost at all. The manufacturer covers shipping and duties (they have to pay it regardless, anyway).

No, you can't get Euro models only

I am going off memory here but the difference in ED price is about 5-7% less than US invoice price

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's suppose to be 7% off US MSRP but it depends on what you can negotiate. I've read on the M3/M4 forums that people were able to get Euro invoice pricing or +$500 Euro invoice pricing on ED which is quite a bit. It's something like 7% off US MSRP and then another 7% off that to get to Euro invoice pricing.

A fairly loaded F8X M3/M4 is now in the low to mid $60's if you can get Euro invoice pricing. Also,you no longer pay the $1000 delivery fee and the manufacturer ships to the US. All you pay for is out of pocket expenses for the trip to Germany.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it 5-7% off MSRP or invoice?

Dead ~7% off euro wholesale on an M car. I've been talking with my CA about the next. He's 5 EDs ahead of me and not much older than me. It's also why the M4 makes so much sense to lease (track car, the residual is based of MSRP, the MSDs lower the money factor, yada yada) and the Tesla is more economical to buy outright.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The crazy lease subsidies is why I'm likely going to be in an M car for my next non-two seater. The vacation opportunity that ED represents is just icing on the cake.

Tbh I'm not fully sold on this generation's M lineup but with the cost of leasing factored in, I don't think its competitors are better by a large enough margin to sway me

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The one thing I never liked about the ED options were they wouldn't even let you pick from the Euro color books, which often were quite a bit better and more detailed than the US ones.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You still can, for an upcharge. BMW calls it BMW individual and Porsche calls it paint-to-sample or Porsche Exclusive

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's suppose to be 7% off US MSRP but it depends on what you can negotiate. I've read on the M3/M4 forums that people were able to get Euro invoice pricing or +$500 Euro invoice pricing on ED which is quite a bit. It's something like 7% off US MSRP and then another 7% off that to get to Euro invoice pricing.

A fairly loaded F8X M3/M4 is now in the low to mid $60's if you can get Euro invoice pricing. Also,you no longer pay the $1000 delivery fee and the manufacturer ships to the US. All you pay for is out of pocket expenses for the trip to Germany.

Wait WHAT? Mid to low 60s for a loaded ED M4? Holy ****.

Last edited:

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sucks how Americans can lease an M3 for ~$750/month but in Canada we're looking at $1,100 with $11k due at signing for a demo 2015.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The crazy lease subsidies is why I'm likely going to be in an M car for my next non-two seater. The vacation opportunity that ED represents is just icing on the cake.

Tbh I'm not fully sold on this generation's M lineup but with the cost of leasing factored in, I don't think its competitors are better by a large enough margin to sway me

You can do ED on a lease?

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You still can, for an upcharge. BMW calls it BMW individual and Porsche calls it paint-to-sample or Porsche Exclusive

Ah nice - that wasn't an option when I last looked (but that was a long time ago).

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as you don't get CC brakes and full leather, you're looking at upper $70's MSRP for an M4 with all the additional packages.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wait WHAT? Mid to low 60s for a loaded ED M4? Holy ****.

Well, mid-60's is invoice price, and it's not that loaded. It's pretty hard to keep an M4 under $72k if you start with the baubles. Also, It's not easy to get invoice pricing but my BMW nerd coworker tells me he got $1500 over invoice. If you can get other incentives like manufacturer cash, BMW CCA rebate, etc you can come close.

You can do ED on a lease?

Yes, absolutely. The BMW nerd mentioned above did his fourth ED a couple of months ago. All on leased M cars

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads