1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

I think the classic "911" badge looks clean:

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  2. ramuman

ramuman Well-Known Member

I should've been less cynical. I hate it more on cars like BMWs and Teslas which don't have cluttered logos. I'll give the Porsche guys a pass in retrospect :) - especially because it's a factory option and not a dental floss option.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  3. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

All the Europeans offer it as a factory option.

4. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

Why the preference for a piggyback vs a standalone? Or are all of those stand alones as well. Honestly, all everyone talks about in US miata forums is the megasquirt, which can be had for about 800 or so new.

5. ramuman

Did not know that. BMW did not for any Euro Delivery, but they were US spec cars. Again, I shouldn't have been cynical across the board. But if you badge delete a Tesla 70D or a 328i - it's pretty obvious what the car is. Please delete the brand stuff as well.

When I'm driving behind a badge delete 328i or something that still has the manufacturer's logos on, I find it really pathetic.

Porsche does tend to clutter things up, but offer a factory option. I think they're the only ones in the US outside of the other super car companies.

My cynical nature is why I couldn't be the primary host of our show. I'd basically pitch BMW M cars, Teslas, and McLarens (maybe a Porsche here and there) until I was insufferable and was fired :p.

1 person likes this.
  6. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Its illegal to fully de-badge cars here, as parking warden need to be able to tell what car it is.

7. gong

gong Well-Known Member

i don't see the issue whatsoever with debadged vehicles. putting fake badges on, however, is a special kind of stupid.

6 people like this.
  8. ramuman

Broke off the car's Lightning connector and it got stuck in my phone. Second time in a month of owning the car. I guess it's a penalty for having this thing. I wasn't even racing anything but kinda punched it. It's not a badly designed holder either.

Tweezers got the piece out of the lightning port. Guessing Tesla will do another 'courtesy service' and give me a free lunch.

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

That post is just going to be HRoi or GF fodder. Lucky Edmorel doesn't read this thread.

1 person likes this.
  10. ramuman

With the 8 version of their software, I think the Tesla S ludy cars would kill the M4 on a track. Super impressive as a 2200kg family sedan. And the M4 is a somewhat quick thing. I've been amazed for the past week plus.

11. ramuman

Whatever happened to the greats like Ed and Vox?

12. brokencycle

brokencycle Well-Known Member

They couldn't keep up with you.

1 person likes this.
  13. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

Not sure how the handling and brake cooling compare in the cars. I haven't heard much about teslas other than straight line and the fact that they handle well for how heavy they are.

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Ed was just over in the dinner thread telling us about figging with ginger root.

15. ramuman

There's not much to hide the weight. However it's nuts fast and fun even in turns. It's incredibly neutral / doesn't understeer and probably has the best traction control I've ever seen. Not nearly as theatrical as the fancy RWD cars, but amazing fun. v8.x is a total game changer.

Also, I don't have a ton of money. Just work hard and spend it on the things I care about.

1 person likes this.
  16. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

Deal is done. Pick her up tomorrow :slayer:

6 people like this.
  17. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. ramuman

Enjoy in good health. What ultimately happened if I may ask?

19. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

Dealer followed up twice and I decided to call his bluff by saying I was sticking firm with my original offer. The next email said, "When do you want to pick it up?"

I got a fair deal.

6 people like this.
  20. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club. We're just as douchy as BMW and Audi owners, but at least we're more interesting

1 person likes this.