• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL

psydle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something about still seeing the nails through the sole is really appealing to me.
If any edges start popping up you can always have some tacks dropped in. Really that looks like pretty clean cobbler work though.

Questionnaire

Reaction score
If any edges start popping up you can always have some tacks dropped in. Really that looks like pretty clean cobbler work though.

Yeah I guess on the plus side I got my shoes back in one day and only spent $55 instead of the ~3 weeks and $150 it would've taken to ship my shoes to and from Willies.

The grass is always greener though.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Something about still seeing the nails through the sole is really appealing to me.

Yeah I guess on the plus side I got my shoes back in one day and only spent $55 instead of the ~3 weeks and $150 it would've taken to ship my shoes to and from Willies.

The grass is always greener though.

Yea it's a cool sole no doubt but think about it like this, no one is looking at the sole of your shoe. Sometimes if you sit cross legged someone would notice the exposed shanks. I just wanted to give willie's a try and see what it is. I have another pair I need to add protective soles to so I may try FJ western in San Jose.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@nyarkies My nanny comes by today and tells me, i aired out your spare bedroom it really smelled like fish in there, not sure what the smell is. I look at her laugh and take my CCP and ask her is this the smell. I guess carol been using that fish oil in his black leather. Looks like we have same problem but it doesn't bother me much.

Last edited:

MISCHIEF NIGHT

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was hoping to get some advice on sizing for the newer Scarstitch, planning to order one but I usually wear a pretty large size, 54, I read this entire thread, some really great posts in here, especially Uzairh, Eton, and Sinned! but couldn't find anything talking about sizing with the scar in particular.

My chest is 45'' around, anyone have one in this size range? I was hoping for a slightly looser fit, like this...

Recently picked up some one piece derbies from the "safe" era, and a bag from Deepti, will post pics soon, also dropping a note anywhere, I'm hunting for tornados in 010, dipped or not, seam or not, classic heel, size 10, preferably 12, I'm ready to buy

thanks fellas :)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads