1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Carlo Franco

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by redtree00, Dec 28, 2009.

1. taxgenius

taxgenius Well-Known Member

Is there a possibility that Andy and Alex have a financial interest in CF's new business?

2. Philip1978

Philip1978 Well-Known Member

Does carlo franco post over here?

3. ZON_JR

ZON_JR Well-Known Member

Undoubtedly, if only to keep tabs on Eric Glennie.

4. ZON_JR

ZON_JR Well-Known Member

Is there a possibility that Andy and Alex have a financial interest in CF's new business?

Would anyone be that stupid? But it is possible that they are owed money and this might be the only way to recover something.

5. jmark

jmark Active Member

I have no dog in this fight but will respond to you because I love your avatar [​IMG]

I don't see how you can "make things right" when you have taken people's money for a product, do not deliver the product and do not communicate for almost a year. So if they come back now, give ties to the people that paid for them, everything is OK [​IMG]
    There seems to be this acceptance now of fraud on these fora, by buyers and sellers, as if it's not a big deal. Those that were around when everything went down know the lies that were told and the lies that are currently being told on AAAC. Not to get all Moo, but where I'm from stealing and lying and then coming back with an excuse an a smile on your face led to a punch to said face (not advocating any violence against anyone). But if people want to buy from them,go ahead, I'm sure thus time will be different. I would love to purchase one of those repp/sperm numbers they did, maybe get one fir iammatt's birthday.

I don't have a dog in this fight either, and can understand how you feel. People who were done wrong have every right to say, "WTF, you gotta lotta nerve showin' yer face round these parts."
    And I'm not saying that finally delivering the products will now make everything OK. They pissed off a lot of people.
    I don't know what they'll do to make amends, but if they do make an attempt, at least they're trying.
    Better to come back (sincerely and full-heartedly,) and say, "sorry, we f'ed up, how can we make it up to you?" than to remain a dirty bastard forever, no? Whether the victims accept is another issue, but coming forward is the right thing to do.

jmark

6. jcriswel

jcriswel Well-Known Member

Anything is possible. I doubt it though. Andy's a stand-up guy and tries to keep an open mind. They both try to keep the invective out of the forum discussions. The Carlo Franco issue has created some hateful comments on both forums. I think they're trying to avoid all that hatred from starting up again.

On the other hand, I do not like Alex's authoritarian manner. He needs to tone that down. Hopefully, Andy will nicely mention something to him about his role as a moderator. I think good moderators are like officials in the NFL - they need to control the situation but let the players play.

7. jcriswel

jcriswel Well-Known Member

At least 4 other posters on the thread don't have location information. I wish I could resist going there but it is just too much of a freak show to ignore.

Why are you keeping your location a secret? [​IMG]

8. taxgenius

taxgenius Well-Known Member

He used to post as Carlo but hasn't posted in quite some time.

Love this post from 2007

Even better

9. Philip1978

Philip1978 Well-Known Member

Carlo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Uhmmmmmmmmm..... I think I'd be upset if the corporation had to forfeit 99% of it's wealth if I had that company's stock in my 401K

How about taking the guilty execs out in the parking lot at the next stockholder meeting and let every stockholder qive them one whack on the rear with a wooden ruler per share of stock and then distributing THEIR shares to the other stockholders?

...Me? I'm into creative alternative punishment regimens

Hhhhhhhmmmmmm it was his suggestion......................

10. hws

hws Well-Known Member

he expects people with legitimate grievances to shut up after the guy finally shows up? what a crock of shit.
    that forum definitely needs a [​IMG]

I have find there exist a contrary thing this same person have speak:
    http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...5&postcount=18 This make a big confusion! Now I not write nothing more to this topic for respect the request from m@T to me on page more early of this threak [​IMG]

11. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...5&postcount=18

This make a big confusion!

Now I not write nothing more to this topic for respect the request from m@T to me on page more early of this threak [​IMG]

Nice. This is one of the reasons why, to me, you are the best new poster of 2010 on SF.

12. tj100

tj100 Well-Known Member

On the other hand, I do not like Alex's authoritarian manner. He needs to tone that down. Hopefully, Andy will nicely mention something to him about his role as a moderator. I think good moderators are like officials in the NFL - they need to control the situation but let the players play.

I'm actually surprised at how Alex is playing this off. I have been a customer of his, but his reaction here is definitely making me rethink whether he's the kind of guy I want to do business with.

13. redtree00

redtree00 Well-Known Member

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...5&postcount=18

This make a big confusion!

Now I not write nothing more to this topic for respect the request from m@T to me on page more early of this threak [​IMG]

[​IMG] this is great

14. Another New Yorker

Another New Yorker Well-Known Member

I'm actually surprised at how Alex is playing this off. I have been a customer of his, but his reaction here is definitely making me rethink whether he's the kind of guy I want to do business with.

Kabbaz makes without a doubt absolutely super shirts and sweaters, I have been a customer--He is a great guy, and the service I have received is impeccable.

15. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Well-Known Member

I would post in this threak, but I can't afford any more Andy Points.

16. hws

hws Well-Known Member

Nice. This is one of the reasons why, to me, you are the best new poster of 2010 on SF.
    Thank you Sir for this thing so kind you speak, I have enjoy this company of SF so good! I wish to everyone nice betrunken New Jahr! Soon my friend, who drink the equal of me, will to arrive, if we have a lucky maybe we find few lady friend for the evening, and we will to drink and smoke much thing until too fatiguÃ[​IMG], then sleep because in this days we no so jung similar of before!

17. hws

hws Well-Known Member

[​IMG] this is great
    For me is toujours a big confusion! [​IMG]

18. tj100

tj100 Well-Known Member

Kabbaz makes without a doubt absolutely super shirts and sweaters, I have been a customer--He is a great guy, and the service I have received is impeccable.

I agree with all of that. I really like everything I've ever bought from him, and his service has been impeccable.

At the same time, his reaction here gives me pause. Probably not enough that I wouldn't do business with him in the future - but something to keep in the back of my mind when I do.

19. teddieriley

teddieriley Well-Known Member

Thank you Sir for this thing so kind you speak, I have enjoy this company of SF so good!
    I wish to everyone nice betrunken New Jahr! Soon my friend, who drink the equal of me, will to arrive, if we have a lucky maybe we find few lady friend for the evening, and we will to drink and smoke much thing until too fatiguÃ[​IMG], then sleep because in this days we no so jung similar of before!

Surprisingly, I understood every word of this.

20. FIHTies

FIHTies Well-Known Member

Surprisingly, I understood every word of this.
    Maybe you are "my friend, who drink the equal of me" (after all, we do not know your real location do we now?)