1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Car Detailing Thread

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Beckwith, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Beckwith

Beckwith Well-Known Member

While perusing some posts on ferrarichat.com regarding the new 430 Scuderia with its mostly alcantara interior, I noticed someone question whether it would hold up well or soil/pill quickly. Another poster piped up with "just run an electric razor over it every once in a while and voila - good as new".

Would I really want to do that on my new $180K Ferrari? Probably not. Luggage interior and that is it.

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

Would I really want to do that on my new $180K Ferrari? Probably not. Luggage interior and that is it.

It's far better to get leather anyways, the people Ferrari / Pininfarina are masters with leather.

Jon.

3. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Well-Known Member

It's far better to get leather anyways, the people Ferrari / Pininfarina are masters with leather.

Jon.

Their subcontractor Schedoni are the real masters. [​IMG]

4. Virginia Dandy

Virginia Dandy Well-Known Member

Jon.

Depends on the car. A for-real track car - no. A daily driver GT car - yes.

Pininfarina may have a hand in designing the interior but would not be involved at all in the execution/manufacturing - which, more often than one might think, can be underwhelming.