1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Canali OTR with alterations - fit assessment

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by DonnyLee, Jun 14, 2015.

1. DonnyLee

DonnyLee Active Member

Hi all,

I was happy to get a Canali OTR at 1/2 price. Did waist alteration, pants slimming, pants lengthening and flushing of the back.

I wanted to get an opinion on the look, specifically:

1. Are the shoulders okay? I'm a 38R, 17.75" shoulders. The shoulder could be 18".
    2. Are the pants too slim?
    3. Is my tie worn here a little long?

[​IMG]

Thank you.
    Donny

2. chobochobo

chobochobo Well-Known Member

You need to take better photos if you want some useful feedback. However, those pants do look a bit too slim.

3. dragon8

dragon8 Well-Known Member

How much did the alterations cost?

4. DonnyLee

DonnyLee Active Member

Removal of pleats, slimming of pants and lengthening - US$60
    Waist suppression - US$40
    Flushing of cloth at neck area - US$15

The tailor did a great job with the pleats removal. Yes I took a gamble going from single pleats to no pleats but he sounded confident and it turned out great. That said, the pants do feel slim. Argh.

I understand it may be specific to individual pants. Do you think the tailor left excess cloth in the seams so I can widen the pants?

Also, shoulders look good? If not, I could focus on shoulders during my weight lifting to fill up that area.

5. dragon8

If he did leave some excess cloth there probably won't be a lot of it. The shoulders are difficult to tell as your pic is at an angle and a straight away photo would help. The tie is slightly long in the photo.

6. DonnyLee

DonnyLee Active Member

Basically, I'll ask the tailor how much cloth there is. If there isn't much, I'm simply screwed and left with this slim fitting pants. Argh!

Anyway, here is a picture of the suit from the front. What you think? If it is small, what is your opinion on weight lifting focusing on shoulders to get the suit to fit better. Going to the gym three times a week is my usual routine.

[​IMG]

7. itraxx

itraxx Well-Known Member

Why would you bother to block out your face when it's in your first photo?

Stand normally if you want proper feedback.

8. dragon8

If you can take a photo with your arms down that would help. But from the photo, it looks ok

9. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015