• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canada Goose

Patrick James

Reaction score
You're just not getting value for your purchase any more. I have a hard time imagining anybody recommending the brand at this point. And, truthfully, unless you're dog-sledding, these types of parkas just get in the way.

blairh

Reaction score
I really love my Ontario and Chateau and I'm happy to wear them for as long as I live in the Northeast. They are both very warm (the Ontario more so) and I love the look and fit. If I ever move to Milan one day I would sell the Ontario and definitely keep the Chateau.

Honestly, if I lived in Canada, and given what I've heard from various sources, I would not wear CG right now because I hear it is disgustingly trendy and found on everybody. My guess is that Canada will slowly cool its heels on CG in the upcoming years as trends of course come and go. What CG probably wants now is to be a high end label and been seen as fancy **** in conjunction with performance and warmth. But at this point Canadians would be foolish to forget what CG once was not too long ago, and I seriously doubt they will continue to buy into these increasing prices year after year.

Can't predict the future but yeah, my guess is that this season CG cools down a bit in Canada. Will be interesting to see if it grows in popularity here in the States.

Quinn123

Reaction score
Thought I would post to the actual thread. Anyone looking for a Canada Goose this winter, I have a gently used PBI Chilliwack in mens medium, looking for 400$ shipped OBO.

dufferin1

Reaction score
Has anyone tried CG's new Lodge Vest? Im debating between the Lodge Vest and the Freestyle Vest but the Lodge seems a bit slimmer.

Rene_Lahm

Reaction score
I bought the banff parka two winters ago, and it has gotten periodic use, definitely not daily use. When I bought it, it was $650, which was expensive for a casual jacket, but bearable. It's unfortunate that they keep raising the prices, and I'm not sure if I would have spent the extra hundred if I made that choice today. Though, I intend on keeping it long term, and one day it will be solely used for walking the dog, and beating around. I think it will repay itself, and will be worn for years to come.

gearhead

Reaction score
heh, i bought my calgary last year for 650, and now its 850, always good to kno i could resale it for more now and not lose as much. Yes it sucks for new buyers but honestly, compared to the likes of moncler or duvetica, its still a good deal, the latter brands offer really simple jackets for much more and really aren't special until u hit the even more expensive options.
But to canadians, the price jump is not good for canada goose, way too much competition now. With brands like CMFR, Moose Knuckles, Nobis, Outdoor Survival Canada, etc. the canadian down jacket market is so saturated rite now

arnold76

Reaction score
They can be had on sale with a bit of sleuthing.

In fact, just this past weekend bloomingdales had a men's sale with a gift card for $175 on $500 in purchases, and backcountry had 20% off everything including for a shortwhile CG. At the current retail price, I feel the value proposition is misaligned. If I were in the market, I would keep an eye on authorized retailers that might have a sale or coupon code.

McCurry

Reaction score
Hi all, I want to pick up a nice servicable warm winter jacket for myself/gf. It seems that CGoose is all played out and overpriced. What other quailty brands would you recommend? Availiablity is an issue also, I am in China at the moment. Thanks in advance! :slayer:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads