1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Can You Identify This coat?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MasculineMan, Jun 26, 2008.

1. MasculineMan

MasculineMan New Member

Hey everyone. I want this exact coat worn by Denzel Washington in Training Day. If I cant find the exact one he has I'll have to go a tailor and show him pics and then he might not even get it right.
    Anyone know the make? Thanks,
    MasculineMan

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Fuzzypuppy

Fuzzypuppy Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, it looks almost exactly like a Brooks Brother car coat I bought about five years ago - was on sale at the BB outlet.

I can't wear it anymore because I've lost a lot of weight, but the leather is still the best I've ever had in a jacket - absolutely buttery soft and smooth.

3. GypsyDownTheWell

GypsyDownTheWell New Member

I think I saw a bloke in Marks and Spencer buying this exact coat, I couldn't say for sure because this was a long time ago. I think they might be using the same one for this movie though. [​IMG]

4. jabreal00

jabreal00 Well-Known Member

5. MasculineMan

MasculineMan New Member

Thats what I like though, that baggy look. Do you really think it would be better tighter around the torso? I have one like that. Do you think thats better?
    [​IMG]

6. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Well-Known Member

i believe its baggy because he was going for a gangster look.

I have a very similar jacket, its a Calvin Klein, however its a 3-button.

I had it trimmed up in the waist, i'm a skinny guy so baggy jackets look like hell on me.

7. Skyler

Skyler Well-Known Member

http://www.fogcityleather.com/

Talk to Peter. He can damn near make anything. Did a custom job for me - very similar to the Training Day coat - and cost me about $650.

Peter and his wife are great people.