1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Can you actually become a handsome guy or is it mostly genetics?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ClarkKent, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Numbernine

Numbernine Well-Known Member

The fact that you think this way indicates that there is little hope of you ever accomplishing anything of value with your life . I certainly hope this is just a trolling exercise to relieve boredom because if it isnt do you realize you are totally devoid of character , self interested to the point of pathology , incapable of controlling emotion and seemingly lacking of empathy in any form. If being attractive on any level is a goal than the answer is simply to reverse direction anything you do is better than what you are doing now

2. scottcw

scottcw Well-Known Member

Because he was obviously a troll?

3. Numbernine

I cant decide which is worse . Realizing someones life is so devoid of real meaning that they feel the need to engage in trolling of this sort or realizing that someone with this world view actually exists and that they would be drawn to a mens clothing forum of all things

4. munchausen

munchausen Well-Known Member

Yeah what insecure young man has ever been drawn to expensive designer clothing?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
    3 people like this.
  5. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Well-Known Member

R. I..P. Clarke
    If you are reading along from the hereafter, please take some advice: Some of the boys here were just having a little fun and you took it too seriously. For the future, online or offline, never lose your cool. Roll with the punches and you'll be ok. Best of luck.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. Maximator

Maximator Well-Known Member

I'd say that your attractiveness score is based on the following things, in descending order of importance:

1. How you behave
    2. How you dress
    3. How much money you have
    4. Genetic properties(aka your physical looks)

I think that there are very few people that are so unfortunate that their genetic makeup prevents them from being at least decent looking. Most people would probably need a daily exercise routine, and a revised bathroom routine(aka taking care of their skin/nails, etc), and a new set of clothes(or at least clothes that fit well. If you have that, there are very few things that will stop you from getting attractive women.

7. Numbernine

Of course its just been so long since I've been either young or insecure that the obvious evaded me

8. imatlas

imatlas Well-Known Member

In my experience #3 trumps everything else. It Donald Trumps everything, actually.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  9. Bhowie

Bhowie Well-Known Member

#1 is the most important, some birds can't be bought.

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Wrong and wrong.

Now, if I wanted to play the odds, and my goal was simply to get laid from some random stray, Bhowie is 100% correct. However, a much more complete answer is that each woman (and man for that matter) finds a possible bed partner attractive based on a mix of all four criteria. Even more complete all four criteria mix different per individual boaning potential.

But if you just want to play the odds it's the swagger that counts.

1 person likes this.
  11. JLibourel

JLibourel Well-Known Member

It is interesting that we have omitted in this discussion such intangibles as fame/celebrity, power and status, which are usually powerful factors in attracting women and usually transcend mere wealth.

I thought of this discussion on Sunday while we were having a party and a friend of one of our guests pulled up to the house in a fire-engine red Ferrari convertible. Talk about the ultimate chick magnet.! The guy who was driving it was good-looking and seemed to have a pleasant personality, so if he hasn't been fool enough to get married, I imagine he does very well with the ladies.

12. John15

John15 Member

I´d say:

1. How much money you have/Genetic propierties
    2.How you dress
    3.How you behave

haha

13. Saturdays

Saturdays Well-Known Member

This was a funny thread, was fun to read.

my 2cents...

[Insert male with attractiveness level 1 to10] + [insert net worth+salary etc...] = [insert woman with attractiveness level of 1-10]

^you can't solve that formula, every possibility has been known to exist...

14. JLibourel

Another factor not mentioned is that women depreciate with age much faster than men. If you are still a single male in your 40s and are still in good shape, you will find that those very same women who wouldn't have pissed on you if you had been on fire 20 years earlier are suddenly more than willing to do all kinds of nasty things with you...and they can still be pretty darned good looking. All this I can definitely attest to from personal experience.

As one 40-ish woman remarked to me, "With any woman over 38, all you have to do is ask." Her other great quote, BTW, was, "All women who smoke love to suck."

15. munchausen

Louis CK has a bit about this in his latest special. His point is, if you're a dumpy, unattractive guy but you can hang on until your 40s and stay financially stable and clean, all those hot girls that never gave you the time of day when you were a teenager will be very happy to date you.

Also, please tell me you hit that. She was practically begging you.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  16. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

I take your main point, JLib (no Hibbert). But doesn't depreciation usually denote a decline in value? :)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  17. Bhowie

Bhowie Well-Known Member

You really think all birds can be bought? You don't think swag is the most important? Absent all other properties swag is the most important.

18. JLibourel

Oh, most definitely. I asked her for directions on arriving in an unfamiliar town, and we ended up in bed that evening. That's the only time anything like that ever happened to me

19. munchausen

That's what I'm talking bout

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

What I said? You did not read it well.