1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jmillz15, Oct 13, 2009.

1. scrwl

scrwl Well-Known Member

Thanks guys! I've been wearing them a lot lately. They're my go-to walking boots.

2. Smitty2k1

Smitty2k1 Well-Known Member

Kinda kicking myself I didn't buy the black Katahdin's when they were on sale + 20% off at LL Bean (just on sale now).

I'll probably pick up the Katahdin's in a EE size but will miss the extra $35 savings.

How do you all find these fit? My Red Wing Moc Toes and Beckmans in 8.5D are too long and too tight across the front. I tried the RW moc toes in 8EE and the length was great but the heel was just too lose.

I've also got Allen Edmonds in the 65 last. 8.5EE is probably my best fit, 8.5EEE is fine but a little wide. Most of my AE 9D's are too long and tight across the forefoot.

3. poena

poena Well-Known Member

has anyone resoled for something with a bit more grip/tread?

4. matthewh

matthewh Well-Known Member

I've got both the cap toe and cordovan versions in size 11 and I wear the Red Wing moc toe boot in size 10.5 if that helps. I like the cordovan boot much better than the cap toe. I recently saw the black version and thought they were pretty cool looking. I don't wear my Katahdin's as much though since I've discovered Red Wings.

5. Smitty2k1

Smitty2k1 Well-Known Member

Thanks! Did you size up on the Katahdin's (compared to RW moc toe) because of the length or width? I think my RW's are a little long and a little narrow, so I'm trying to decide if I should go for the same size or down 1/2

6. matthewh

matthewh Well-Known Member

My Brannock size is 11, which is what I usually order. For me its for length. I have narrow feet so typical D width shoes are always too wide. I typically wear thicker socks and like to have plenty of toe room so I seldom size down. I also wear the RW Chukka is 11. The RW moc toe is the only boot I've ever had to size down for.