1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

C&J 363 last - new?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by theyare, Sep 8, 2010.

1. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Well-Known Member

Both lasts are indeed very nice. i don't know why, the new one reminds me of Edward Green.

Absolutely. it looks like the EG 82 (offset toe point, rounded, slightly elongated). Which is a very good thing.

2. economiayocio

economiayocio Well-Known Member

Looks tight in the width next to that Belgrave.

You are not looking at it right... The 337 is tha Audley on the right...

The one on the left is the Melcombe, like the Belgrave but in the new last.

Is a very special shoes as for the moment it is not in catalogues. I don't know if it will be included, but for the moment it has been made to order by some shops in Paris and Spain.

The picture again... The new last is the one with the brogueing, and the othrt id a 337 brown Audley.

[​IMG]

3. apropos

apropos Well-Known Member

Wow, that's terrible then. [​IMG]

The 337 is already an elongated, broad, snouty-looking last as is. The 363 must be ridiculously long then if that comparison shot is accurate.

4. alliswell

alliswell Well-Known Member

5. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Well-Known Member

Wow, that's terrible then. [​IMG]

The 337 is already an elongated, broad, snouty-looking last as is. The 363 must be ridiculously long then if that comparison shot is accurate.

The super offset toe doesn't help the comparison either.

6. economiayocio

I Willctry to post a picture of them with a suit on monday. The last is lovely and reminds me of Rdwsrd Green, it might be the perspective.

I think is much better than the 337. If got more than 6 pairs in 337, but I prefer this one, a little bit more roundy.

7. economiayocio

A picture. I think they look great

[​IMG]

8. pebblegrain

You guys are totally wrong. This last looks great to me and the offset toe is a big design plus, IMHO.

9. Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink Well-Known Member

How's the instep on these compared to the 337?

10. HHD

HHD Well-Known Member

You guys are totally wrong. This last looks great to me and the offset toe is a big design plus, IMHO.

I agree. I love my Melcombes - extremely comfortable and a beautiful shoe

11. economiayocio

How's the instep on these compared to the 337?

I think it is a bit higher. I have a high instep in this, although I just have weared them 2 times, feel more comfortable. In 337 i usually need some days to adjust.

12. economiayocio

Another picture. Note that i am a bit back to take the picture, so they can look a bit enlongated. Worn they feel lovely.

[​IMG]

13. theyare

theyare Well-Known Member

You are not looking at it right... The 337 is tha Audley on the right...

The one on the left is the Melcombe, like the Belgrave but in the new last.

Is a very special shoes as for the moment it is not in catalogues. I don't know if it will be included, but for the moment it has been made to order by some shops in Paris and Spain.

The picture again... The new last is the one with the brogueing, and the othrt id a 337 brown Audley.

[​IMG]

Are these the exact same size shoe? The 363 is that much longer?

14. economiayocio

Are these the exact same size shoe? The 363 is that much longer?

Ok, you are right. I have checked and the new Melcombes are half size bigger than the Audley's. That might be what is confusing everybody. Sorry.

I have a hallam on the same size, i will try to compare them.... I am afraid all my 337 are 8 and it seems that in the new 363 I got a 8 1/2... I tried them in the shop and They fit really well since the beggining, the 337 usually hurt my instep the first few days but afterwards they are perfect.

Tomorrow I am posting a detailed analysis on them with many pictures in case you want to check. You are invited to comment too.

I really think that C&J made a good one with this last.

Regards.

15. pebblegrain

You should have someone else take a pic of them. Or, take them off, put them on the ground, take a step away, and take a pic.

16. economiayocio

You should have someone else take a pic of them. Or, take them off, put them on the ground, take a step away, and take a pic.

I am reviewing them tomorrow with lots of pics on my blog. I will comment here afterwards.

17. economiayocio

Posted. Hope you find good answers, there are many pictures. Any commentaries are welcome. Sorry it's in spanish but, as usual, I offer myself for any trnslation that you need.

18. theyare

theyare Well-Known Member

Posted. Hope you find good answers, there are many pictures. Any commentaries are welcome. Sorry it's in spanish but, as usual, I offer myself for any trnslation that you need.

thanks econ - I sent you a PM.

19. tim_horton

tim_horton Well-Known Member

Side by side like that, I think I like the 337 a bit more...

20. aj_del

aj_del Well-Known Member

Dont know it it has been mentioned before but the Lonsdale (390 GBP) and Chadwick (425 GBP) are now shown as available on the Bodiley's website. [​IMG]