• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buzz Cuts

mr.loverman

Reaction score
you need a nicely tapered skull to compliment your jawline. otherwise it can look really ugly.

bc78

Reaction score
Originally Posted by visionology
There def is a trick to doing it right. In college I used to use the lowest setting but now thats a bit too low. If you use too high of a guard though it takes on a fuzzy mini fro look so I like to thread the needle.

Yeah, there is a trick to it. Usually looks best with a happy medium as described above. You will have to do it more often though. Regardless of head shape, if you're balding like me, buzz your head. It looks better than any of the alternatives.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've kept my hair buzzed teh last few summers, but it's getting pretty shaggy now and I might have to let it ride.

Vito

Reaction score
Buzz cuts are cool for other people, but not for me. If I got drafted into the army I'd get a buzz cut whether I liked it or not, but I would never willingly get one.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buzz cuts. Never!! They are so uninspired. They remind me of a photo of Elvis Presley when he volunteered for the Army in line for his buzz cut. Like a factory.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think the shape of the head matters as much as the contour of the hairline.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've recently buzzed my head. So far it's only been a #3, but I'm thinking about going down to a #2. It took me a little while to get used to having less hair, but of course... Once I'm used to the buzz, I want to grow it back out again.
confused.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Did it once when I was younger to get rid of bleached blond mane (don't ask), looked like I was just out of Birkenau. Wore a cap for a few weeks. I don't like having short hair.

Minkous

Reaction score
I been buzzing my head with a #2 for the past couple weeks and I love the feeling. I feel so clean cut and get some looks from local skins lol

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, Staz what the hell happened to you claiming you were growing the hair long enough to flip it back?

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdawe
So, Staz what the hell happened to you claiming you were growing the hair long enough to flip it back?
I got impatient. Although it was long enough for me to slick, I never really styled it that way.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They remind me of a photo of Elvis Presley when he volunteered for the Army in line for his buzz cut.
I think some people get mistaken with what a buzz cut actually is, and how short it is. Elvis didn't have a buzz cut. I'm not even sure it could be described as a crew cut:

080326_p17_life.jpg

This is an example of a military style buzz cut. The hair on the sides and back is cut shorter than the top:

orlandobloom.jpg

I find flat tops are often mistaken for buzz cuts:

1adam.jpg

And some think it means cutting it all off to the point where you look bald:

michael-jordan-head-shot.jpg

Some styles look better than others. I can understand it's not for everyone. I probably wouldn't do it if I could style my hair. But for me, it's a simple, clean look that's easy to maintain. And if you are losing your hair, I think it's the only way to go.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads