1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Buying Ties off Ebay, tips?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Glados1984, Dec 27, 2009.

1. malefic

malefic Well-Known Member

1. Read the title of the thread. 2. Apologize.
    The title of the thread is "Buying Ties off Ebay, tips?" so WHAT THE FUCK are you talking about? On a separate note I have already made my peace with luftvier.

2. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

This thread has just reached that point where its just about starting to get ready to be on the brink of delivering.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

4. intent

intent Well-Known Member

5. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

6. malefic

malefic Well-Known Member

Stop cluttering up this thread please, or I might miss ZON_JR's apology.

7. bbb0777

bbb0777 Member

Well, if you have experience and can appreciate the different quality levels - then at the very least after receiving a tie from Ebay you should be able to judge it's authenticity.

8. Glados1984

Glados1984 Well-Known Member

1. Read the title of the thread.
    2. Apologize.

I used Hermes as an example as from what I've heard, a lot trade on ebay and there's quite a few fakes out there.

Malefic is right.

9. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

I used Hermes as an example as from what I've heard, a lot trade on ebay and there's quite a few fakes out there. Malefic is right.
    Thats not really the case. There are a handful, but its not as common as you suggest. At one time it may have been but not today. As far as fakes from other brands, again, there are some out there, but not many. Its general its the new stuff you have to worry more about. Fakes are pretty obvious with closeup pics... if they dont provide closeups, avoid. Instead of generalizing, why dont you pick a few ties you are interested in and post their links here. I'm sure we can tell you pretty quick if its authentic or not. Here is a good example: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=157258

10. onix

onix Well-Known Member

For the last couple of weeks the number of Hermes ties on ebay got doubled. And the number of fake ones increase even more. Several fake ones last week were sold for $60-$70. So many idiots out there. [​IMG]