1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Buying Jack Purcell, white leather, in Vancouver Canada (local or online)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sonick, Oct 9, 2006.

1. sonick

sonick Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a pair of white leather Jack Purcells, just wondering if anybody knew a place locally in Vancouver, or online that sells them and will ship to Canada?

Thanks

2. pg34

pg34 Well-Known Member

There's a place in gastown that sells them for $110. I think it was Livestock at 239 Abbott Street.

3. sonick

sonick Well-Known Member

Damn, $110 is overpriced. I found this one from a member who had experience with them: http://www.instepdrmartens.com/brows...2be/items.html for $60 USD, but they don't have my size (8.5 in Chucks, from what I read they fit almost the same as that? Or a tad small, so mabye 9).

4. pg34

pg34 Well-Known Member

Yeah, $110 is way too much. Nice find on the site. I'm not sure how they fit, since I haven't tried them on. Nevertheless, I imagine they would fit similar to all Converses.

5. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Well-Known Member

Yikes, $35 for shipping (if I read that site correctly)? Plus, they ship with UPS (brokerage fees), and don't forget taxes and duties on top of the $60. Oh the joys of being the little cousin of the north...

6. sonick

sonick Well-Known Member

Yikes, $35 for shipping (if I read that site correctly)? Plus, they ship with UPS (brokerage fees), and don't forget taxes and duties on top of the $60. Oh the joys of being the little cousin of the north...
    They ship USPS Global ($12) outside the US, so its not too bad. That would have been my last resort, but unfortunately I didn't realize they did not have my size.

7. seen

seen Well-Known Member

Damn, $110 is overpriced. I found this one from a member who had experience with them:
    http://www.instepdrmartens.com/brows...2be/items.html

for $60 USD, but they don't have my size (8.5 in Chucks, from what I read they fit almost the same as that? Or a tad small, so mabye 9).

I was the guy. I don't think there's anywhere in Canada that sells Purcells. The shipping was pretty cheap from this place. Got shafted a few bucks by UPS for duties, but still pretty far from $35 for shipping.

8. Michael1981

Michael1981 Well-Known Member

I was the guy. I don't think there's anywhere in Canada that sells Purcells. The shipping was pretty cheap from this place. Got shafted a few bucks by UPS for duties, but still pretty far from $35 for shipping.

Alot of places here in Toronto sell Purcells; this season Browns/Holts and Aldo is carrying them in certain locations. As well as alot of the smaller shops on Queen street.

9. mendel

mendel Well-Known Member

but they don't have my size (8.5 in Chucks, from what I read they fit almost the same as that? Or a tad small, so mabye 9).

On fit: I wear an 11 (eur 44) usually. The Varvatos Purcell slips on my feet right now are an 11 (eur 45), but in Chucks I buy a 10 (eur 43). I don't know if that helps or makes it worse. [​IMG]

10. swooc

swooc Well-Known Member

Does anyone know more sites that have a wide range of chucks and ship internationally?

11. thisisme

thisisme Well-Known Member

i got size 7's if anyone wants em