1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Well-Known Member

I have a item that the buyer has opened an undelivered case. Tracking number details through eBay show no updates at all, however, when I go to the USPS site an enter it, it shows that a notice was left. I know the answer is call eBay, but I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen before.

2. Snoogz

Snoogz Well-Known Member

About 9 times this month so far. I've already had 6 of the cases closed.

3. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

Lovely things to wake up to...

I just had my first PayPal case stemming from an Ebay transaction. I sold a pair of heavyweight backpacking boots on January 4th. Buyer opens the following case, through PayPal, without contacting me via Ebay or starting a return within Ebay. I'm pretty sure this is a slam dunk case if she tries to escalate it. Zero feedback (except for mine), of course....

Not as described:

• 201252138192 - MONTRAIL Moraine AT Classic Leather Hiking Boots -Women’s US 7.5 -EUC! $230

Buyer reason(s):

• Different Design or Pattern

Quote:
    I responded to her within the PayPal case as well as from Ebay.

Quote:

Why is it that "first time" buyers always seem to know how to scam the system?

4. Ds13

Ds13 Well-Known Member

Got another one for you guys. Every now and then you get those items that seem to have never ending problems...

She has 5 feedback. [​IMG]. My answers are bolded.

Sorry i don't have money for pay right now, you can relisted, thanks!

- jessiecasimiro

Dear jessiecasimiro,

Why would you bid if you didn't have money?

You are binded to to purchase the item or receive an unpaid strike on your account.

Thanks

Sorry boss. I think nobody bid because is a feak thing

- jessiecasimiro

Dear jessiecasimiro,

You did bid, the shirt isn't fake.

Thanks

If you give me free shipping I'll pay

- jessiecasimiro

Dear jessiecasimiro,

No. You knew the costs before bidding. Just don't pay if you don't want it. I don't care either way.

Ok boss good luck!

- jessiecasimiro

2 people like this.
  5. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

I just got off the phone with PayPal customer support. They've already closed the case in my favor and told me how to fight it if a problem should arise within Ebay.

6. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Koala-T

Koala-T Well-Known Member

I love that you took her to task on the whole thing.

1 person likes this.
  8. Snoogz

Snoogz Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed less and less countries eligible for express INT printing via eBay?
    Cmon eBay, get it together. I'm tired of going to usps.com for these freaking labels.

9. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

10. My Main Man

My Main Man Well-Known Member

Haha. I actually sympathize with people like this and it's one of the reasons I accept returns. Shit happens.

11. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

I do sympathize, and I do take returns. That doesn't mean I can't laugh my ass off when it happens...

1 person likes this.
  12. SpecialK2k12

SpecialK2k12 Well-Known Member

I thought I had escaped the Postal Service meltdown everyone was having yesterday, but the Post Office scanned all my packages backwards basically, saying they are out for delivery in my zip code. The Supervisor at my post office basically said to wait until they get scanned at the receiver's sorting facility but what I'm really interested in is how screwed I might be if a buyer opens a case about this in the meantime. Any help if this does happen?

13. Snoogz

Snoogz Well-Known Member

Oh gosh, that happened to me once, but only with a few packages. My postman told me the same line "wait for the next scan". There never was another scan, and I had to trust the buyers were being honest. All of the buyers did question the tracking and it was a hassle calming down a few.

I never found a way to correct that issue, but please let us know if you find one while the package is still en route.

14. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Well-Known Member

They will continue to be scanned along the way, but usps.com tracking will not update - it will always show as "out for delivery." The only way to correct it is to get someone on the phone that will admit to knowing how to back them out and re-enter them manually as "picked up", and also do it for you. Since your USPS supervisor claimed ignorance on what will happen next, I doubt that's the person you want to speak to again.

Happened to me and I lucked out in that no one claimed not received (I messaged each person explaining what happened - was about 15 packages). Happened to Cap'n Wes and since he has sway with his postmaster he was able to get them backed out and re-entered.

15. capnwes

capnwes Well-Known Member

A few times here. Yep, all above is correct.

Be proactive and send out a message to all those buyers explaining the SNAFU.

Since these (because of these) occurrences I switched to the SCAN form method. The scan form can only be scanned in as an acceptance.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  16. SCoNE

SCoNE Well-Known Member

Edit: Andddd already refunded.

17. Brianpore

Brianpore Well-Known Member

18. hbkshin

hbkshin Well-Known Member

Bought from the same seller twice with similar results. Been avoiding since regardless of the deals because of the 100% return rate I've had so far.

First impressions are important.

19. capnwes

capnwes Well-Known Member

^^ Been there done that. Usually I have caught it before listing though.

20. Stu412

Stu412 Member

I had the same thing happen, and the packages didn't show any updates after the initial 'out for delivery'. I messaged by buyers and I still got three defects out of it as three buyers later contacted me by clicking 'request: item not received' or something like that in the communication section. It sucked because two of them just wanted to write me to let me know the item had arrived - they were being honest! I would definitely include a line in your communication asking them to reply directly to this e-mail if they have any additional questions. Ebay really does seem to funnel buyers towards defects. I spent a LONG time on the phone with ebay after this, but was unable to get them to remove the defects, despite having confirmation from all of the buyers that the items had arrived and quoting other sellers who had experienced this USPS issue. Good luck! It really does suck.