1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Well-Known Member

You don't mess with the classics, my friend.

1 person likes this.
  2. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Well-Known Member

Am I the only one finds the "what's your best price" messages on BINOBO items extremely annoying? I've been responding back with "what's your best offer".

1 person likes this.
  3. futuremyth

futuremyth Well-Known Member

Engineered Garments spring/summer '16

5 people like this.
  4. jebarne

jebarne Well-Known Member

In switching to a new camera, I'm also switching to lightroom from iphoto because iphoto on my mac pukes on nikon raw format.

Right now, I don't see a way to move edited photos from lightroom to garagesale without doing a time consuming export from lightroom.

Anyone using lightroom and garagesale willing to share your workflow?

5. borbor

borbor Well-Known Member

How big are the files in the exports. U arent exporting full res I hope?

6. Brianpore

Brianpore Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  7. drlivingston

drlivingston Well-Known Member

Every time I print USPS Priority International labels my printer ALWAYS cuts off the bottom signature / date lines on both pages. I readjusted the page area and it still did it. I gave up and just scribble my name in anyway.

8. Snoogz

Snoogz Well-Known Member

Anytime my friend!
    Just make sure you sign 1-3. If not, they will get returned back for a signature prior to shipping.

Yep.

Same here. Don't mess with it, just sign away, and put in the sleeve. Never had any issues with it.

1 person likes this.
  9. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

Check the margin setting on the print dialog. You may be cutting it off unintentionally.

10. drlivingston

drlivingston Well-Known Member

Who knows... I am about the biggest Luddite that you will ever meet. Technology baffles me. Thank God for Nikon point and shoot cameras, simple ViewNX2 software, and eBay's easy listing format. Otherwise, I would never be able to list anything. I am debating on getting a professionally installed photo area but I am afraid of alienating my few followers. They have become quite accustomed to my crappy pictures and infantile descriptions. lol

11. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

Lmao.

You do quite well already, i wonder how you'd do taking things to the next level.

12. jebarne

jebarne Well-Known Member

In my current setup, I shoot everything raw on a Canon t2i. I import into iphoto, create an album for each shot, crop the 1st photo and drag them into garagesale. garagesale downsizes and converts the file. Same with the desktop. If I've modified a photo in iphoto, I can drag it to the desktop and its converted to jpeg.

Since iphoto is choking on the .nef format, I import those into lightroom. if I edit them and drag the edited photo from lightroom into the garagesale, it places the original, unedited version into GS instead of the edited version. The only way I've seen to get the edited photos into Garagesale are to export the photos into a folder and then import the exports into GS.

Thanks

13. SCoNE

SCoNE Well-Known Member

I'll reply in more detail when I'm back to my PC with lightroom, but i've never experienced lightroom taking any appreciable time for an export; not to the extent that I would think a work-around would be necessary. I can usually hit export, start my first listing, and by the time I want to add photos in the eBay interface (I don't have garagesale), they're ready--or at least the first photos are ready, even if the others are still uploading. The difference could be that I'm not shooting .raw, so I'm not sure how long the .raw to .jpg convert takes inside the export function.

Make sure you turn down the quality (80% is something like 3x smaller than 100% if I remember correctly) as well as the ppi. There's a tutorial somewhere that I'll try to find.

14. SCoNE

SCoNE Well-Known Member

Just bought this as part of a lot on eBay, then became concerned with the lining vs. the background color. Shouldn't the lining match with a(/the) prominent background color? (Don't have it in hand yet.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. capnwes

capnwes Well-Known Member

Q4 Tax Reminder.

Federal and State taxes for the 4th quarter are due on Thursday.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. borbor

borbor Well-Known Member

Batch edit your photos in LR, and then in the export window you can specify the size.

So what I do is use the first photo for white balance and highlights if any, copy that setting and apply it to the rest. Export to 1200x1200 in a dedicated ebay folder, and it's done.

17. Brianpore

Brianpore Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. rhz5001

rhz5001 Well-Known Member

How does it work if you file by Feb 2? "*You do not have to make the payment due on January 15, 2015, if you file your 2014 tax return by February 2, 2015 and pay the entire balance due with your return."

Does this account for previous quarters (when you do your taxes you enter your previous quarters payed amounts). So I would assume the rule would stand for people who payed the other 3 of the 4 quarters.

We need a SF accountant.

19. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

Anyone else having trouble getting to the Print Label screen when shipping through Ebay right now?

20. hbkshin

hbkshin Well-Known Member

On reddit, in reddit.com/r/personalfinance there's a member named taxmankeith who's a legit IRS employee who gives extremely solid tax advice to people. He may be able to answer most of your questions. I think I've only seen him unable to answer a couple tax questions.

1 person likes this.