1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Has anyone been successful with offering the runner up an opportunity to buy via eBay if the winner flakes?

Truth be told, I get a funny feeling when I see my auction being sniped at the last second by someone with less than 5 feedbacks and they don't pay for days to come, especially if it's a higher priced items. There's been a few times where they pay (like 8 days later) after I opened a claim on eBay so I can get my fees reimbursed. I've had a deadbeat once, offered to the runner up, but never got a reply.

2. hooker4186

hooker4186 Well-Known Member

I'll give it a shot, but only ever get a second chance offer accepted maybe 10% of the time.

3. SpecialK2k12

SpecialK2k12 Well-Known Member

Filed a claim with the FBI! PayPal told me to contact the cops, who passed me off to ic3,gov. Went through and submitted my complaint and uploaded a copy to PayPal. Called PayPal right after and followed up making sure thats what they wanted. The lady let me know that the back office would review it and I would hear back in 24-72 hours about it, but that with the paperwork I submitted she was pretty positive I would be getting my money back and PayPal would go after them for the $450. If you guys have had successful transactions with this, or anyone else on the blacklist more power to you. I'm glad that you have had good experiences and haven't had to deal with this kind of stuff. I just wanted to make sure people were aware, so they wouldn't have to deal with it.

3 people like this.
  4. Koala-T

Koala-T Well-Known Member

Please don't do that. Your input is valued.

3 people like this.
  5. hooker4186

I'm so confused - someone went to the FBI and reported you for an eBay transaction?

6. Skatenc123

Skatenc123 Well-Known Member

Post 17008

7. hooker4186

D'oh. I reed gud.

8. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that counts as fraud.

9. hbkshin

hbkshin Well-Known Member

Did you at all contact him to see if he made a mistake? I understand how much of a longshot it is, but I've seen people to dumber things. If he dodged your messages for a few days or made any claims saying he did indeed send the right item back, then I can see you taking these steps but if you haven't had any contact with him after receiving the item I feel like he's in for a nasty surprise for what might have been a mistake.

10. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Well-Known Member

Holy shit. That's awful, it's also one hell of a coincidence that out of the millions of ppl on ebay that someone here would have several positive experiences with the same guy. If someone is buying sketchy adult stuff off ebay, I could see making their feedback private, but I suspect it's because this guy has received several SELLER BEWARE type positive (since we sellers can't leave negative) comments and so he went private with his feedback. What people will do for a couple dollars, talk about your small time criminals, I truly believe in karma, and people like this will get what's coming to them, maybe in ways unrelated (makes me feel better about the world's injustices).

11. SpecialK2k12

SpecialK2k12 Well-Known Member

I didn't but I get the distinct feeling from the other communication I had with them prior to them opening the case that they weren't on the up and up. They asked me to just invoice them through paypal rather than through ebay "so I could save the fees". Maybe I should have but I can't see anyone accidentally sending me back super old and beat Guess overalls on accident.

12. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

It's so lame how pro buyer Ebay has become. When I first used eBay in 2003 before I had a bank account in high school, I would go buy a money order asap because I didn't want to get hit with a negative feedback as a late paying buyer.

13. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Well-Known Member

So you mean like go at his place and break his fucking kness with a rod rite?

1 person likes this.
  14. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

I would never suggest anything beyond a bag of flaming dog shit, or possibly a message burned into his yard. However, your approach would probably be quite effective.

15. FlorianQC

Yeah I'm into creative thinking :D Civil engineering is/was plagued with the mafia here. They're into creative thinking too.

[​IMG]

16. highvoltorb

highvoltorb Well-Known Member

PZ.Suit. Su Misura line. Jacket is tagged 60 in European sizing. Pants are tagged 58. Chest measures 48" and pants measure 38". I don't know what to call this in US sizing.

17. Snoogz

Snoogz Well-Known Member

Sounds like it's been tailored down a few sizes...seems to measure a 46r 38w.

18. FlorianQC

It's a 46 Drop 8 (and 56 in IT size, or 58, you could put both in the listing).

My size too, so deetz via PM please? :))))))

19. maro2280

maro2280 Well-Known Member

RLPL overcoat. Can anyone confirm this is a size large? [​IMG]

20. FlorianQC

It's a script "S", and the "P" is "petit" in French (which means small, obviously :D)

1 person likes this.