1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Brianpore

Brianpore Well-Known Member

2. Gdot

Gdot Well-Known Member

people cra cra!

3. dreamspace

dreamspace Well-Known Member

Also, I bought a pair of black oxfords almost 3 weeks ago, and the guy first shipped them out yesterday. To be honest, I'm fuming because those shoes were specifically meant to be used this Christmas. Obviously I wont' get them here in time (International shipment, no express option), probably not this year even.

Would I be wrong giving the guy bad/neutral feedback? I'm just so tired of all these Ebay sellers, I've had 4 consecutive sellers screw up my orders now.

4. anakin

anakin Well-Known Member

3 weeks to even begin the shipment is a bad feedback score, no doubt.

If they arrive in perfect condition and you're really happy, you can let him/her off with a neutral but awarding him a positive is a no-no because it isn't fair to future buyers. And give him 0 stars for shipping.

5. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Did you contact the seller at all during that period? Pretty sure you forfeited your right to an item not received case by waiting over 14 days to make a claim.

6. Brianpore

Brianpore Well-Known Member

7. capnwes

capnwes Well-Known Member

I'm fairly certain you have 45 days to open the case.

8. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Yup, you're correct.

I thought the time period was shorter on item not received than SNAD for some reason.

9. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Wes, have you ever seen a gift payment like this? I called paypal (and asked Brian :)), but it looks strange to me. They said it was a personal payment though.

[​IMG]

10. capnwes

Yes, all the time from the guys here on SF. I assume you are referring to the $0.00 fee? When it is sent as a personal payment / gift there is no fee. I think there is also an option for the sender to pick up the fee. One of my regular buyers in Indonesia does this all the time. If it was an ebay item or purchase from someone you don't know or trust, realize it does not qualify for paypal protections. However, I think their buyer protections are also forfeited. A gift is a gift.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  11. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

No, the seller protection part at the top and box about the address look off to me. It normally looks like this:

[​IMG]

12. capnwes

Yeah, I haven't seen one quite like that...at least not in the last 6 months.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  13. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Thanks. I've just never seen one like that before. All of mine look like the second one posted. The first appears a lot more like a normal transaction from an account without any personal info filled out.

14. capnwes

That's what I was thinking, but I didn't think you could do that. The normal ones say "OK to ship" it's weird. I suppose you at least know who it is from. If paypal said it is legit, I would go with it.

15. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

I don't really have a choice I guess. I just wish I could feel safe when dealing with paypal. I'll probably call once more to verify, but not a lot else to do but ship and pray. Thanks.

16. capnwes

Was it an eBay transaction? If so it should be covered on that end as long as you ship to that address. I mean, they can pay with any method they want and still be covered, right? Just wont have the extra paypal coverage.

17. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Sold here on B&S to 0 post member.

18. capnwes

Ahhh I see. Well, I have one of those transactions going on right now too, SF user, 10 posts. Asked to ship to an unverified address in the US to save from shipping to Canada. I am just going to trust him.

Good luck.

19. dreamspace

dreamspace Well-Known Member

Regarding the shoes:

I bought(BIN) the pair Friday 23rd, got an shipping invoice two days later and paid.

Assumed he had shipped the pair out, but a week later I got a mail from him asking If I wanted a refund because supposedly shipping takes a long time right now, using Priority Mail.
    I tell him to ship them out ASAP.

Another week goes, I ask if he's shipped 'em out, and he says yes giving me a tracking number (on the 8th).
    Check out the tracking number, says USPS have received an electronic notification (or something)...check out the tracking today, and the package was picked up first yesterday.

I asked him to ship the shoes to another address (since I'll be on vacation for christmas), but he said he couldn't do that due to Ebay rules.
    IF the shoes arrive here after I'm gone, they will automatically be returned to him after two weeks, since I obviously can't pick them up while being on a vacation.

20. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Well-Known Member

Where do you live? If in the US you request that the Postal Service hold your mail.