1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. hbkshin

hbkshin Well-Known Member

Proportions are weird too. 24 shoulders, 30 chest, 32 waist, 23 sleeve.....

2. masaccio

masaccio Well-Known Member

I just checked usps.com for tracking on a suit I won this weekend. It is showing as "Out for Delivery" but it's in the wrong city. :censored:

A quick check of Google Maps confirms that there is a street address in that city identical to my delivery address. :sadpanda:

I have messaged the seller to give him a heads up. I know I'd be protected in case I never get it, but I really want the suit.

What is my best course of action here? Call the local Post Office? Should I wait to see if it updates as "delivered"?!? I'd think that that' might be my worst case scenario b/c it's out of the USPS system.

Thoughts? Anybody dealt with something similar?

And yes, my PayPal address is correct and verified. A pair of shoes purchased on the same day (in fact, checked out at the same time as the suit!) arrived safely today.

3. concealed

concealed Well-Known Member

@JabbaTheSlut thats buyer's remorse if i ever heard it

4. marc roberto

marc roberto Well-Known Member

Can anyone please give some insight here. I tried googling but I didn't find anything 100%. A potential buyer asked me about this listing
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131116018098&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123 , the tag says 36 52 7L. The actual measurement of the waist is about 17 5/8" across which is more like 35" - 35 1/4". Is it possible that the drop 7 is the more accurate measurement and the 36 is just because they don't have a number 35 and this is just closer to 36 than 34 so they marked it 36? I guess to be more precise my question is why is it tagged 36 and the drop is 7 which should result in it being a 35?

5. Snoogz

Snoogz Well-Known Member

Good luck selling it, 23 sleeves with a 60 chest...goodness, that is hard to imagine in my head.

+1, that shit aint fake...buyer needs to prove its fake.

huh?

6. marc roberto

7. Koala-T

Koala-T Well-Known Member

I have been told on this site and other places that "drop" means about 8 different things. I don't think anybody really knows what a drop actually is. I know a lot of people think they do, but when it comes right down to it, I'm not convinced they do.

8. dreamspace

dreamspace Well-Known Member

Does it actually work to include the retail price in title?

I see this one Ebay seller listing loads of really dated stuff (90s power suits, high 3/4 button suits, low gorge 6x1 DB), and he always includes some high retail figure in the listing title, and always price his stuff between 150-1000 bucks if it's a fairly known brand (Canali, Zegna, HF, Armani, etc).

9. marc roberto

10. Snoogz

Snoogz Well-Known Member

Do you have a question, or are you informing us?

Since we do not know this sellers history, or his sold items, wouldn't you be the best judge of "if this works?" you know, since you have the access to see this, not us.

11. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

Is it possible that the pants were altered?

12. marc roberto

13. amadar

amadar Well-Known Member

The "Subtract 10" rule is indeed unreliable, particularly in larger sizes, since the sizing systems are using different units of measurement (Centimeters and Inches). To convert to US measurements, double to get the circumference in centimeters and divide by 2.54 to convert centimeters to inches. So a European 48 corresponds to a US 37.8, or approximately a US 38. A European 58 corresponds to a US 45.7, or approximately a US 46.

14. jebarne

jebarne Well-Known Member

no love from you guys on how to translate this size?

The shoulders are fine, its much smaller than it measures. Would you apply overcoat rules here? Actual - 6"?

15. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

A 23 chest should not even be close to a 36, no? My 40 sportcoats have a ptp of between 21-22ish usually. Maybe it's like a 42ish short?

16. namdaemun

namdaemun Well-Known Member

Buyers remorse.

NO ONE is going to fake a 3:16 item. They aren't even that popular. I'd fake an epaulet or possibly somethng opening ceremony over 3:16. IMO 3:16 is very nice quality but the brand is very obscure

17. Snoogz

Snoogz Well-Known Member

Sometimes I really hate eBay promotions...I can never tell if they are actually being used and I am not being charged them.

So many hidden fees I swear.

This week I released auctions, 10 days, and still had a total charge of 90$...even though I have a promotion active for 2500 free listing fees.
    Granted I have some charges for the "int vis" but shit, 90$ worth...something seems off, and I cannot dig through all their BS to figure it out...

18. Koala-T

Koala-T Well-Known Member

If the chest is 23 across and the 6 inch rule applies, it would be a 40

19. hbkshin

hbkshin Well-Known Member

How do you remove the Watcher count from your listings again? Seems like some of my templates has watchers enabled and some don't. I don't want them on my listings.

20. capnwes

capnwes Well-Known Member

Huh? You can do that? I knew you could hide the view count, but didn't know you could hide the watchers.