1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm going to start picking up more decent finds in that size. It's hard to find and I think it might have to do that many people looking are parents for their kids or college kids/new grads for themselves, so they're tech savvy and want to save money.

Wes, is it just the S sizes for you or the regs as well?

2. Stewie

Stewie Well-Known Member

Think about when you go to better department stores and look for the smaller sizes..the size 36 and 38 choices just aren't there. So, you have the smaller guys looking...which includes the Asian market as well which doesn't hurt either. Also, Snoogz pics are excellent which always helps as well!

1 person likes this.
  3. ridethecliche

Haha, I'm a 38 and I used to weigh 10 pounds less when I graduated college and was looking for clothes. I had to buy dress pants from the children's section...

4. Stewie

Stewie Well-Known Member

So, when posting shoes that are brand new...do we lace them, or leave them alone?

5. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

6. Snoogz

Snoogz Well-Known Member

Thank you. Also when looking at department, I wouldn't know what its like to look for smaller sizes [​IMG]. I skipped all sizes in the 30's when growing up I think.

Depends on how I receive them. If one is laced, the other is not, I'll have both laced. If they are both unlaced and tied into a single bow laying across the tongue, I'll usually leave them.

7. Stewie

Stewie Well-Known Member

nevermind..stupid question

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  8. ridethecliche

I listed so many freaking things today. Caught up on like 3 weeks worth of stuff. Man slacking hurts.

Now I understand why you guys pass on so much "good" stuff. It took me forever to take pictures and put things up. My system's getting better though and now with templates, it should be even faster, but hot damn.

Also, I'm sad that these have almost no traction. Any advice?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201015732415?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

Id try a side angle shot for your gallery.

10. ridethecliche

Thanks spoo. The price isn't outta line is it? I figured I'd get a 150 best offer and take it...

11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

Youre talking to the wrong guy about BINs :laugh: $139 BIN if I had to guess though. I dont really believe in OBO at all unless its super high end watch/car/bag etc.

12. ridethecliche

Haha, damn. I figured you'd just throw them up at 9.99 auction and watch the fireworks!

I know an SF affiliate sells these for 299ish new, so I figured 100 bucks off for a try on pair was fair. I suppose I'll see how it plays out when they go back on again.

13. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

This makes a lot of sense. A lot of sellers list items well above market value, then don't accept reasonable offers. As a buyer I tried OBO a few times, and gave up on it very quickly.

14. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Have an item sold to Korea buyer and can't print EMS on eBay so go to USPS and it won't let me print without a phone number? Can I just put a filler one? Contacted buyer but it's a zero feedback buyer and not sure when I'll hear back.

Get so OCD when everything is all packed and one item is just sitting there waiting

15. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Hey man, at least you can print shipping. My ISP is on the fritz and I can't print shipping from the ebay app on my iphone. Naturally, this was also the biggest week I've had in six months and almost everyone has paid already.

16. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear, my internet went down in middle of a few day trades a few weeks ago could have been back but luckily nothing moved too much

And this is bugging me since it's a PO Box so once there is box in address it requires phone number, otherwise it doesn't ask

edit: just put it in as PO B ox and it worked. Software seems to just target box

17. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Well-Known Member

I have to ask, which mannequins are you guys using for your menswear, and where can I get one?! [​IMG]

18. ridethecliche

Interesting. As a buyer, many of the things I've bought have been OBO!

Total aside:

I just had a random thought back to a Joseph Abboud sport coat I passed on when I first started. It had an amazing pattern that I would have loved to wear if it was my size, but it was huge. I didn't get it partially due to the label, but I kept looking at it till a gent in his 60's came over and asked about it because he thought it would fit his son who was a boxer. He was pretty happy when I handed it off to him. That was pretty good. I hope it fit his son.

Anyway...

19. suited

suited Well-Known Member

I'm having two of our closets redone for storage purposes. Right now all of the closets have those builder white wire looking things in them.

In the office closet I'm converting a single bar into two bars, and in the master closet I'm putting in a wood closet system against the back wall and upgrading the bars on both of the side walls as well as some other add-ons.

Before/after pics in a week.

20. capnwes

capnwes Well-Known Member

Hate to be a dick in the help thread, but hey....it's Monday.

This topic has been discussed on about every third page through this entire thread. Do we all really have to weigh in again, or could you just read up on it.

But seriously, this thread is packed full of valuable information if you just take the time to read through it.

3 people like this.