• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Same. I was sorta stoked about it though haha. Does it confer any benefit?
Partly....as a Bronze seller you have met one of the minimum requirements for top rated seller ($1000/yr and 100 transaction) which can bring more discounts.

The biggest thing is shipping discounts. The chart below says the USPS savings program is for powersellers, but it is actually for Top Rated sellers.

PowerSeller benefits

PowerSellers enjoy special benefits, including:
As a PowerSeller, you also have the opportunity to qualify for Top-rated seller status, which recognizes sellers who have a proven track record of excellent customer service and sales.

This chart didn't mention Health Insurance opportunities either...

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Partly....as a Bronze seller you have met one of the minimum requirements for top rated seller ($1000/yr and 100 transaction) which can bring more discounts.

The biggest thing is shipping discounts. The chart below says the USPS savings program is for powersellers, but it is actually for Top Rated sellers.

PowerSeller benefits

PowerSellers enjoy special benefits, including:
As a PowerSeller, you also have the opportunity to qualify for Top-rated seller status, which recognizes sellers who have a proven track record of excellent customer service and sales.

This chart didn't mention Health Insurance opportunities either...
Health insurance opportunities?

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey dudes.
Up and down week. Avoided a return through a tactful and polite response.
Only to find a message today that a priority package to San Fran that never got delivered. Difference is: tracking says it wasn't. 11 days later, priority package says location was in NJ.

So what do I do? Is there a # I can call? Obv. I will look on the USPS website, but would appreciate any similar experience.

(for ref, track # is 9405509699937142965884)

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Hey dudes.
Up and down week. Avoided a return through a tactful and polite response.
Only to find a message today that a priority package to San Fran that never got delivered. Difference is: tracking says it wasn't. 11 days later, priority package says location was in NJ.

So what do I do? Is there a # I can call? Obv. I will look on the USPS website, but would appreciate any similar experience.

(for ref, track # is 9405509699937142965884)

Did you send it to me by accident
lol8[1].gif
Only advise is get on the phone with USPS. Have had packages get miss-shipped but they usually end up where the label says eventually.

Brianpore

Reaction score
Looks like ebay just did a BIG upgrade to the listing templates (not yours or mine, but the ebay template itself). Biggest thing I see is that when you watch and item, it tells you how many people are watching!!
decisions.gif
This is going to be good for sellers (and ebay) $$$$

Also, there is a button on the bottom that says "View all revisions" which is interesting.

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Time to start shill watching. Like shill bidding, but less unscrupulous :teach:

Most of my items don't get a ton of watchers, so I'm not sure it helps (unless I'm selling robert graham, true religion, etc.)

Hmm, where do you see other watchers? Not showing up for me.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Looks like ebay just did a BIG upgrade to the listing templates (not yours or mine, but the ebay template itself). Biggest thing I see is that when you watch and item, it tells you how many people are watching!! :decisions: This is going to be good for sellers (and ebay) $$$$

Also, there is a button on the bottom that says "View all revisions" which is interesting.

Im missing this. You mean when you watch an item you want to buy, you see how many others are watching it too?

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im missing this. You mean when you watch an item you want to buy, you see how many others are watching it too?

apparently, it doesnt need to be an item you are watching, because there is not a snowball's chance in hell i would ever consider owning this piece of jewelry, even for 1/1000th of current price

Last edited:

Brianpore

Reaction score
Seems like they are still in testing mode as the old format is back. They did the same thing with the saved search emails last week. Went to a stupid new format for a few days then switched back. The old (current) email format is MUCH better IMO, so much so that I placed a call to ebay to find out if I had the option to switch it back somehow.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like they are still in testing mode as the old format is back. They did the same thing with the saved search emails last week. Went to a stupid new format for a few days then switched back. The old (current) email format is MUCH better IMO, so much so that I placed a call to ebay to find out if I had the option to switch it back somehow.

usually they keep legacy modes available, so I would imagine so, very little reason not to

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that was horrible. The worst was that they cut off titles so half the time I couldn't tell the sizes and had to go to the website to find out what was worth looking at.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my first ever ebay case opened against me today. Buyer had sent message with this as the entire text "What if the pants don't fit?".

I responded "Resell them".

Buyer opens case stating that the pants are not the size represented in the auction and that I refused to take them back.

Dumb ****.
1. He didn't ask me to take them back.
2. He didn't tell me that the pants are not the size advertised. I seriously doubt that these made in the US BB Saxxon pants are not W32 as advertised.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my first ever ebay case opened against me today. Buyer had sent message with this as the entire text "What if the pants don't fit?".
I responded "Resell them".
Buyer opens case stating that the pants are not the size represented in the auction and that I refused to take them back.
Dumb ****.
1. He didn't ask me to take them back.
2. He didn't tell me that the pants are not the size advertised. I seriously doubt that these made in the US BB Saxxon pants are not W32 as advertised.

I'm thinking you've post measurements, right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads