1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Lirum

Lirum Well-Known Member

This is gorgeous.

2. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Well-Known Member

Someone beat me to it, cover it with something that'll look like your background.

3. Brianpore

Brianpore Well-Known Member

HUGE - If you already knew about this, shame on you for not sharing [​IMG]

http://www.trackitonline.ru

Bookmark it, save it, use it. This site just saved me a item not received refund in paypal.

Long Story Short - Guy buys item, says it's not delivered, tracking shows delivered on USPS website, guy opens case in PAYPAL**** (see note below), I would lose case due to tracking to the UK only..... www.trackitonline.ru saves the day.

****Paypal has a MUCH stricter policy for shipping international. Where ebay says you must prove the item was delivered to the Country (in this case the UK), paypal says you must prove that the item was delivered to the correct city (knotting hill). HUGE loop hole for people who avoid the ebay case and jump over to paypal knowing this. With a little luck http://www.trackitonline.ru will have additional tracking information online (like they did in my case). To further help protect yourself, 100% make sure you save the 4th page on the international customs forms that are stamped by the post office when you send the package out. If a case it open for an item not received (that shows delivered online to the country) I was told the majority of the time if you scan the stamped customer form and upload it to the case, paypal will verify the tracking number matches the ship to address and you will win. If you CAN NOT prove via online or the customs form it was delivered to the correct CITY, you will LOSE the case even

I should note, this is very rare (1st time ever for me) and really takes someone overseas knowing what they are doing to beat the system. Most everyday people just open a case in ebay and if you do everything correct you will be protected, BUT if they know the rules they will try to avoid ebay and jump to paypal to open the case. You need to take all steps to help protect yourself in case this happens.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
    3 people like this.
  4. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

I've been working with corijennin
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/corijennin/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
    for a year.

I am a REPEAT buyer b/c the seller has an ample supply of anything and everything ebay related supplies, very responsive, and the price/quality is superb! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

(no, I do not know the seller personally)

1 person likes this.
  5. Lirum

Lirum Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a table or something so that I can know if my jacket is a L, S, or R? I have a general idea about chest size - a measured 39" would be a 42 (or 44 depending on the brand/waist). Have no idea how to go about figuring S, L, R though. :/

6. sparrow

sparrow Well-Known Member

Approximates
    Sleeve > 26. L
    Sleeve < 24 s
    Else r

7. hbkshin

hbkshin Well-Known Member

5'5-5'7 is Short
    5'8-5'10 is Regular
    5'11-6'2 is Long
    Anything beside that you're stevenkmason

1 person likes this.
  8. JackFlash

JackFlash Well-Known Member

I'm sure this question has come up before but if I have a jacket tagged 38R but is one of these modern high button stance and short BOC deals, do I list it as a 38S? (Clearly, actual measurements will be provided.)

9. Lirum

Lirum Well-Known Member

Doesn't help me if all I have to go on is sleeve/jacket length. I was looking for something more like sparrow's post.

10. hbkshin

hbkshin Well-Known Member

Ah. Most of my jackets have differing lengths even between both being R's Some are longer or shorter than others

11. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

First world Ebay problems... I'm going to be shipping at least 30 items tomorrow!

2 people like this.
  12. Lirum

Lirum Well-Known Member

Can I use Regional Rate boxes to ship internationally as Priority Mail International?

13. Tweets

Tweets Well-Known Member

Yes, no special rates though...99% sure that A's and B's both say for domestic or intl, the C's say domestic only so i just sharpie it all out.

14. Lirum

Lirum Well-Known Member

So it's the same cost as shipping in a brown cardboard box: measured by weight?

Shit, I have to rethink my system if so.

15. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Related, can you wrap a regional rate box with paper and still use it as a regional rate?

16. marc roberto

marc roberto Well-Known Member

Yes, Im quite sure I have done it. I understand that unless something is flat rate, then its regional. Am I wrong?

17. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Yes, the bolded is definitely wrong. There's flat rate, regional rate, and weight/distance (brown box).

18. marc roberto

marc roberto Well-Known Member

19. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

There are tons of different options for Priority shipping boxes. I have far too many in my office to choose from... I'll be donating some of them back to the Post Office.

You can order them for free at USPS's website...

20. My Main Man

My Main Man Well-Known Member