• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DC Office Hack

Reaction score
I'm selling a pair of shoes on Ebay, and a prospective buyer from Japan asked how much it would cost to ship the shoes to him. Any ideas? I screwed around with the USPC website and came up with about $35-55, depending on the service. Sound right?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm selling a pair of shoes on Ebay, and a prospective buyer from Japan asked how much it would cost to ship the shoes to him. Any ideas? I screwed around with the USPC website and came up with about $35-55, depending on the service. Sound right?

Yes, for USPS 1st class shipping ----> Priority Mail.

Last edited:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back to Lighting..

I'd like to get some feedback on this continuous lighting kit I've been eying.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281110460134?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Does this look like a good kit with all the components included?
And if so, can anyone comment on the bulbs included, are they good?
Would you recommend swapping the bulbs for some LEDs of some sort?
Is there enough power to produce good enough lighting for a mannequin and for some flat shots (pants, jackets, shoes etc).

PNB is the same seller whose 2-light kit I was looking at (posted earlier) - this one has soft boxes instead of umbrellas, bigger, 1 more light, etc. Same seller has myriad configurations and if you look too much you get confused and end up not buying anything for fear of buying the wrong setup. I'm just gonna pull the trigger, decide and buy something - worst case scenario it doesn't work for me and I resell on CL, or add to it and make do.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ever weird you out when you post something in the thrift brag thread, then go to list it on eBay and can't find a sold comp so you search for it on Google and see your SF post...and now anyone who finds it on eBay can Google it and see that you bought as a thrift item?
Maybe why many folks don't mention the maker, and just post a photo of the label (Spoo &c). Lesson learned.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
1. Not really the right thread, no.
2. Doesn't matter, you already bought them.

DrunkenBuddha

Reaction score
Ok thanks, just wanted to see, because I just found out they were going to sell those same shoes at the Nordstrom anniversary sale.
But, of course at a higher price - better condition new w/ all the original stuff -.
Debating on whether I should keep these or sell & get those instead

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Well the seller does have a return policy with restocking fee. Up to you. For factory defects, I think you could have done better. Depends how bad the flaw is, whether it bothers you, and what your cost would be at this point.

sparrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for new thats a nice price.
you wont do better.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think that's a pretty good deal there. That mark doesn't look so bad. You probably will put worse on them in the first week anyway. IMHO those should have sold for more than you paid.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

First negative feedback a few minutes ago. Sent someone the wrong item. Fully refunded their money, sent them the right item with a bag and a label to send the wrong item to the proper recipient. Refunded the other person too, just in case they didn't actually send the item on to him. So everyone gets their money back, and the product, and I get this.

iconNeg_16x16.gif

ship me wrong shirt -then wanted me to clean up his mess

****'s frustrating, was hoping to get a hell of a lot more feedback before I got one of these. Going to fight like hell to get it removed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads