• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine was locked down too. Someone in Russia tried to skim it. I got a paypal email (not a phishing one) and I changed my password. A real PITA but worthwhile to do.

I also took Wes' advice and I now have a bank account solely connected to paypal. If I get hit, I'll lose the money but it will be contained, away from my primary account. I sleep better because of this.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone hacked my account, but they didn't change the password and I caught it quickly. They only did a couple purchases totaling about $30, I suppose as trial runs. I was able to change my password and get the charges taken care of by Paypal, though my account was locked for about 10 days while they investigated.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One word. Passphrase. Some of my passwords are entire sentences out of movies or books. Super easy to remember, impossible to crack by automated means.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Most modern "hacking" of accounts is the result of phishing scams. No offense, but the user is usually to blame. No password is uncrackable tx :)

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy crap man, that sucks a lot. There's no 24hour number? I would get on that immediately!

Unrelated:
Is a solid black 2 button coat with 4 buttons on the sleeve, all buttons black, ever be a sport coat? It's so pretty... pick stitch lapel.

Also, one of the most egregious uses of NWOT I've seen to date: ISAIA
I contacted the seller:

You've listed this item as new without tags, what is all over the front of the jacket? Is it paint? I'll make you an offer if you think whatever it is will come off.

His response:

'll be happy to hear your offer, but the jacket is clean. It's just a bad picture.

- sundaedog

Clean? Are you ******* kidding me?

Plus, how old is that label?

Just in case he wipes that schmutz off, here's what the jacket looked like from the original listing:

looks like his nana's face powder.

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First neutral feedback today :slayer:

Responded to, blocked, added to SF Black List, moving on with life...

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No.

Feedback reads: "Great incotex but alittle too worn." They were not new pants, but I mentioned that in the description. I also provided multiple photos, which showed some normal wear around the belt area. Additionally, they were a linen/cotton blend which means they're going to be a bit wrinkly and schlubby looking and aren't going to look like a crisp pair of chinos back from the drycleaner, no matter how new they were.

I also offer 14 day money back returns (albeit with a 10% restocking fee that is almost always waived), and they never bothered to contact me at all before leaving the feedback. But what really pisses me off on this is that they bought two items from me, and left a neutral for this one and no feedback for the other, even though they shipped together and I cut them a deal on shipping charges. I knew it was coming given that they have a history of leaving vague complainey neutral and negatives (45 purchases, 6-8 negatives or neutrals left) but still, it irks me.

What I mean to say is, I'm moving on.

marc roberto

Reaction score
No.

Feedback reads: "Great incotex but alittle too worn." They were not new pants, but I mentioned that in the description. I also provided multiple photos, which showed some normal wear around the belt area. Additionally, they were a linen/cotton blend which means they're going to be a bit wrinkly and schlubby looking and aren't going to look like a crisp pair of chinos back from the drycleaner, no matter how new they were.

I also offer 14 day money back returns (albeit with a 10% restocking fee that is almost always waived), and they never bothered to contact me at all before leaving the feedback. But what really pisses me off on this is that they bought two items from me, and left a neutral for this one and no feedback for the other, even though they shipped together and I cut them a deal on shipping charges. I knew it was coming given that they have a history of leaving vague complainey neutral and negatives (45 purchases, 6-8 negatives or neutrals left) but still, it irks me.

What I mean to say is, I'm moving on.
I don't know if this will help you feel better but e-bay sometimes will suspend a buyer who leaves a lot of negative feedbacks so hold your breath on this guy, he may have it coming.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did you ask them to change it? That might work. (For reals -- I know a lot of people who've politely asked if it was a mistake, explained how important feedback is, etc., with good results).

Last edited:

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you ask them to change it? That might work. (For reals -- I know a lot of people who've politely asked if it was a mistake, explained how important feedback is, etc., with good results).

I'm not planning on asking for him to change it - the fact that he has another feedback he could leave is kind of a trump card hanging over my head so I just responded saying "If for some reason you weren't 100% satisfied, please contact me to work it out!" Hopefully that and my other 195 positives + 5.0 seller ratings will sway anyone who is hesitating...

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ME
bigstar%5B1%5D.gif

My only concern would be she sends you back a fake. Not sure how ebay would handle that, or she claims its not real (ebay refunds her and asks her to destroy the fake item). There was a pretty famous article about a rare guitar that I remember reading.

I took a chance and allowed her to purchase the handbag with the promise of allowing a return if she postmarked it within 2 days of receiving it. She sent the bag back, same condition. I was nervous there for a minute. I took a video on my phone of me getting out of my car after work, approaching hte package on the doorstep and opening it. I figured if she she tried to pull something (like returning a different purse) I'd at least have some sort of evidence to support my side of the story.

Last edited:

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took a chance and allowed her to purchase the handbag with the promise of allowing a return if she postmarked it within 2 days of receiving it. She sent the bag back, same condition. I was nervous there for a minute. I took a video on my phone of me getting out of my car after work, approaching hte package on the doorstep and opening it. I figured if she she tried to pull something (like returning a different purse) I'd at least have some sort of evidence to support my side of the story.
I've always thought about ways to "prove" things like that, I've taken pictures of packages I've recently sent to Russia, not that it'll help prove I actually MAILED it, or mailed the right thing. Too lazy to get some sort of proof from the post office, the lines there are nuts every morning I go to drop my stuff off so I use the drop chute.

Also, going against the popular opinion here on returns. Was just reminded how painless the return process is when it's BIN, had some pants returned, made a $2 on the original sale shipping, made the 10% restocking fee, and the item is no more used than it was when I bought it (essentially I just made what the pants cost me originally), it's one click to relist, I am refunded all the fees from eBay and Pay Pal, and the client was grateful that he could return the item, so I have one more happy customer who will look at my auctions (and hopefully not return everything).

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
How the **** is this my problem??? Glad its under $30, but still what the hell?

What's SOP here guys?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads