• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woah, 6500mi for just about half the year? This is your day job, right?

I just posted a test auction with my new setup. Think it's maybe a little washed out, but wanted to do an actual auction so I could see it on PC, phone and ipad. What do you guys think of the photos (hold your excitement about the shirt
fing02[1].gif
-in all honesty I'm a huge fan of Ben Sherman, but no one brags about it here, so I just keep it to myself.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321154735510?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm over 6500 already.
WOW! with that many miles already, do they ever request proof when doing taxes?

I am roughly under 700 miles for the year so far.

What kind of car do you drive, hopefully a commuter that allows for good gas mileage.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought all the photo stuff locally at Precision Camera. It's nice to buy from someone who knows what they're talking about.

Well, had my first big error today. Wasn't as bad as sending packages to the wrong people, but it still sucks. Had a duplicate listing. I actually photographed and listed the item twice, not entirely sure how I managed that. The kicker was it sold for $24 more this week than it went for last week. Not coincidentally, the photography on the listing that sold for more was better than the previous week. So there's a perfect example of better photography selling better. I think it's time to take all my dogs that haven't sold for several weeks and shoot them again. Because I'm sure someone would love that Austin Reed Polo if only it looked better on the listing
wink.gif

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WOW! with that many miles already, do they ever request proof when doing taxes?

I am roughly under 700 miles for the year so far.

What kind of car do you drive, hopefully a commuter that allows for good gas mileage.
My receipts are proof....as well as odometer. They are all credit card receipts which have the address on top.

2000 Nissan Altima, manual transmission. About $50-60 a week in gas...not bad. Looking to get something newer, bigger and better soon. I don't have AC and spending 250+ extra miles each week in the car, through the summer is no fun at all.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote: Windows down, Radio up. That's how I roll! Hate the damn AC

Woah, 6500mi for just about half the year? This is your day job, right?

I just posted a test auction with my new setup. Think it's maybe a little washed out, but wanted to do an actual auction so I could see it on PC, phone and ipad. What do you guys think of the photos (hold your excitement about the shirt
fing02[1].gif
-in all honesty I'm a huge fan of Ben Sherman, but no one brags about it here, so I just keep it to myself.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321154735510?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
Pictures look great! If you want the colors to pop a little just run them though an automated photoshop script (or another program). Should take only a few seconds. Would take a little trial and error to see what settings to use but should be pretty easy. LOOK Great though!!

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How many miles have you guys accumulated so far this year?

I'm curious to see where I stand with others.

I put about 12k on this year - I live very close to my job. Within a 9 mile radius of my job there are 6 thrift stops (a few more if you count the ****** ones), so lunch time thrifting can be pretty lucrative for me, but there's only enough time to go to 2 stores max. On Saturday I'll make a trip that's about 100 miles total.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well my mileage this year for Thrifting is only around 700 so far. My Thrifting receipts I haven't really kept, but I suppose I should jus throw them all in a box...I didn't really think I'd need them, plus it sounds like a pain to store them year after year if I don't have to use them for taxes.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well my mileage this year for Thrifting is only around 700 so far. My Thrifting receipts I haven't really kept, but I suppose I should jus throw them all in a box...I didn't really think I'd need them, plus it sounds like a pain to store them year after year if I don't have to use them for taxes.
Why would you think you don't have to use them for taxes? What do you have for means of record if you were to get audited?

Last edited:

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have done 700 worth of thrifting miles in a weekend.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics