• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:

Turned into my first negative feedback... I've reported the buyer for violating the TOS. We'll see how this goes.
stirpot.gif

Anyways... Yeah, I've thought about returns, but I really don't want to. I charge an extra buck usually on shipping, just because my time going to the post office is worth something. That "sort of" makes up for the occasional scammer. Oh well, at least I made a healthy profit on the other three things I got positive feedback for today.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Accidentally listed the same blazer twice. The 2nd time the blazer sold I couldn't find it to ship it, then I realized that I sold it a week earlier. I message the 2nd buyer and say this:

I just issued you a full refund. I accidentally listed the same blazer twice, and this blazer was actually sold a week ago. I was going crazy trying to find it in my closet, and then I looked at my sold items and realized what happened. I am so sorry.

His reply:

I find all of this to be more than a little peculiar, as I just asked you a question about the jacket on April 8th and you responded as to its condition. I also find it hard to believe that you "forgot" that you sold it so quickly.

My reply:

Dear damon_pace16,

The question you asked me did not require me to actually look at the jacket. You asked if it had any rips or tears. I always inspect each item when I'm listing it, so I knew right away that it didn't have any rips or tears, otherwise they would have been listed in the auction. As I told you, the jacket was accidentally listed twice, and below is a link to the first listing that sold before yours - you'll notice that it's the exact same jacket. Additionally, I've also attached two photos from my eBay app that clearly showed the jacket originally sold on 3/31. You can either be a gentleman and apologize for accusing me of something (although I have no idea why any seller would intentionally list something twice, only having to refund one of the buyers), or you can take the matter up with eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230952686044?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

I'm anxiously awaiting his reply.

Last edited:

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Turned into my first negative feedback... I've reported the buyer for violating the TOS. We'll see how this goes.
stirpot.gif
Anyways... Yeah, I've thought about returns, but I really don't want to. I charge an extra buck usually on shipping, just because my time going to the post office is worth something. That "sort of" makes up for the occasional scammer. Oh well, at least I made a healthy profit on the other three things I got positive feedback for today.
Ouch. Do you think he was just trying to make a return out of buyer's remorse or do you think his measurements were off?
Accidentally listed the same blazer twice. The 2nd time the blazer sold I couldn't find it to ship it, then I realized that I sold it a week earlier. I message the 2nd buyer and say this: I just issued you a full refund. I accidentally listed the same blazer twice, and this blazer was actually sold a week ago. I was going crazy trying to find it in my closet, and then I looked at my sold items and realized what happened. I am so sorry. His reply: I find all of this to be more than a little peculiar, as I just asked you a question about the jacket on April 8th and you responded as to its condition. I also find it hard to believe that you "forgot" that you sold it so quickly. My reply: Dear damon_pace16, The question you asked me did not require me to actually look at the jacket. You asked if it had any rips or tears. I always inspect each item when I'm listing it, so I knew right away that it didn't have any rips or tears, otherwise they would have been listed in the auction. As I told you, the jacket was accidentally listed twice, and below is a link to the first listing that sold before yours - you'll notice that it's the exact same jacket. Additionally, I've also attached two photos from my eBay app that clearly showed the jacket originally sold on 3/31. You can either be a gentleman and apologize for accusing me of something (although I have no idea why any seller would intentionally list something twice, only having to refund one of the buyers), or you can take the matter up with eBay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/230952686044?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649 I'm anxiously awaiting his reply.
You sounds like you're being entirely reasonable, so I have no idea what his problem might be. Why wouldn't you want to sell him something?!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:

Based on his purchase/selling history, I'd say he's a flipper who buys stuff on the cheap via Ebay and then resells it. He wasn't happy with the price he got from me, so he tried to scam me into a lower price. I flat out refused, since it was quite obvious what he was doing. Then he gets all bent out of shape when I call him on it. I'm certain that Ebay will remove the negative feedback, I just hope it happens soon, or I get a bunch of other positive feedback so this one gets pushed off the top of the pile.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Based on his purchase/selling history, I'd say he's a flipper who buys stuff on the cheap via Ebay and then resells it. He wasn't happy with the price he got from me, so he tried to scam me into a lower price. I flat out refused, since it was quite obvious what he was doing. Then he gets all bent out of shape when I call him on it. I'm certain that Ebay will remove the negative feedback, I just hope it happens soon, or I get a bunch of other positive feedback so this one gets pushed off the top of the pile.

When I got my first and only negative feedback to date (knock on wood), I was horrified to see it on top. I continued to leave feedback for buyers as normal, and it was quickly pushed down and my percentage went back up. It's still an eyesore to me, but you're bound to either make a mistake and get called out for it (warranted or not) or someone will find some way to complain.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ouch. Do you think he was just trying to make a return out of buyer's remorse or do you think his measurements were off?
You sounds like you're being entirely reasonable, so I have no idea what his problem might be. Why wouldn't you want to sell him something?!

I'm not sure what he thinks I would get out of coming up with a devious plot to sell him something and then issue him a full refund.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure what he thinks I would get out of coming up with a devious plot to sell him something and then issue him a full refund.

True, but that is the genius of your plan.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Is there a way to use that first class delcon international service outside of ebay? Can't figure out how to ship something using that (non-ebay related).

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Is there a way to use that first class delcon international service outside of ebay? Can't figure out how to ship something using that (non-ebay related).

For the DELCON packages I have sent, the option just said first class international. The label just printed out with the DELCON emblem. However I have not yet had a package to ship to Canada outside of eBay since the service started.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing a slowdown in activity on my auctions this week - bad pricing, or unfortunate decision to have them all end the day before taxes have to be filed?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads