• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote from USPS website.... "New for January 2013, free electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation International offers scan events for customers using select software or online tools. E-USPS DELCON INTL is optionally provided for certain Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes and Small Flat Rate Boxes to select destinations. It will be available first only to Canada." Only for Canada right now, but will apparently be extended to some other areas as well.
Ah. Sorry. Missed that. Still good news.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I just had a case opened against me from a French guy that bought something. I sent it with a tracking number and the last entry says that they attempted to deliver it and he wasn't home. He has the tracking number and can see this as well.

In the dialogue within PayPal, he writes in French (he wrote English to me before he bought it) that they attempted to deliver the package and he wasn't home and that they didn't leave him a slip.

Since he didn't message me first to ask about its status and instead opened a case, any suggestions on what my next step should be? I mean, the carrier likely has it and he needs to pick it up. I don't know exactly where, but I'll call tomorrow to find out about it. Anything else I should do/know?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I just had a case opened against me from a French guy that bought something. I sent it with a tracking number and the last entry says that they attempted to deliver it and he wasn't home. He has the tracking number and can see this as well.

In the dialogue within PayPal, he writes in French (he wrote English to me before he bought it) that they attempted to deliver the package and he wasn't home and that they didn't leave him a slip.

Since he didn't message me first to ask about its status and instead opened a case, any suggestions on what my next step should be? I mean, the carrier likely has it and he needs to pick it up. I don't know exactly where, but I'll call tomorrow to find out about it. Anything else I should do/know?

If its a signature required delivery that you sent, and he filed a not received claim, its totally covered. All you have to do is reply very simply : "tracking number is XXXX. Attempted delivery and is now at PO waiting collection or redelivery. Please contact your local post office to claim your package". Nothing further than that. Once its scanned as delivered, (keep an eye on it, they dont check automatically), then reply again to the case saying "tracking number XXX is now delivered, thank you again for your purchase" or something like that. Then, call paypal, tell them the tracking shows as delivered, and to close the case.

If he declines the package or it gets sent back to you, then youve still got your item and your money, so you are not out anything.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

If he declines the package or it gets sent back to you, then youve still got your item and your money, so you are not out anything.

What about original cost of shipping?

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

If its a signature required delivery that you sent, and he filed a not received claim, its totally covered. All you have to do is reply very simply : "tracking number is XXXX. Attempted delivery and is now at PO waiting collection or redelivery. Please contact your local post office to claim your package". Nothing further than that. Once its scanned as delivered, (keep an eye on it, they dont check automatically), then reply again to the case saying "tracking number XXX is now delivered, thank you again for your purchase" or something like that. Then, call paypal, tell them the tracking shows as delivered, and to close the case.

Thank you for that info! I sent it via Hermes Paket Service, and they require a signature. I assume it's at one of their stations, but tracking isn't showing which one exactly. I'm going to call them to find out the exact location and then post that to PayPal. Certainly the buyer could have done this, as I would if it were my package, but I won't argue with that one.

What about original cost of shipping?

Good question. Normally, I wouldn't mind, but this was a low value item and the shipping costs were half of the price, so I'd rather not hold the bag on it.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Thank you for that info! I sent it via Hermes Paket Service, and they require a signature. I assume it's at one of their stations, but tracking isn't showing which one exactly. I'm going to call them to find out the exact location and then post that to PayPal. Certainly the buyer could have done this, as I would if it were my package, but I won't argue with that one.
Good question. Normally, I wouldn't mind, but this was a low value item and the shipping costs were half of the price, so I'd rather not hold the bag on it.

(Quoting myself for future readers)

Follow-up on this: I called Hermes Paket Service that confirmed that they had used DPD to do the delivery. They gave me the DPD tracking info and the exact station it was. I uploaded that information to PayPal and within two hours the buyer had confirmed that he needs to pick it up, closed the case, picked it up, and left positive feedback.

Thanks Spoo!

diniro

Reaction score
I sold a jacket and seller wanted to return it because he claimed item didn't match description. I missed the email where he sent me his own pictures of the jacket and he subsequently opened a case. What does it mean when ebay settles a case with this message:

Decision:
This case was decided in the buyer's favor. Although you won't have to reimburse your buyer for this transaction, the case will still be counted when determining your seller standing.

They held the refund funds in my paypal account and released it back once case was settled. Does it mean ebay has personally reimbursed him or they're leaving it up to me to reimburse him or not?

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sold a shirt after extensive conversation about lowering the price. I lowered it and sent him the shirt. The tracking info still sells "out for delivery". He's opened a case stating the shirt does not match description. AS IF I could miss the measurement by 2 inches! Things like this make me wonder how Ebay can justify not being able to leave negative feedback for buyers. WTF?

He sent me pictures a few minutes later that don't really look like the same shirt I sent him.

Additional information:
"Hello Mike, Hope everything is well. First, thank you for the quick shipping as promised. However, there is a problem: the measurements are significantly different from those listed. Specifically, you said the measurement armpit to armpit is 20.5"--it is actually over 22.5" (similar goes for your waist measurement of 20.5'), making the shirt a whopping 4" looser, which you can imagine makes a massive difference. Unfortunately I cannot attach the photos of the actual measurements here, but maybe if you give me an email address (or I'll try to attach them in a different message?). Admittedly I do love the shirt color and want to keep it but it certainly needs tailoring to be brought in 4"--the resolution that would leave me satisfied and not unhappy is to receive a partial refund to help account for this expense arising from the significant inaccuracies of the measurements. We can discuss the amount. Please note this resolution will also save you the expense of having to pay for return shipping, re-listing, etc. Again, please let me know how I can get you the photos of the shirt's actual measurements. Best regards. "

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Paying return shipping... lol. Time to teach him eBay policy.

green_machine

Reaction score

Sold a shirt after extensive conversation about lowering the price. I lowered it and sent him the shirt. The tracking info still sells "out for delivery". He's opened a case stating the shirt does not match description. AS IF I could miss the measurement by 2 inches! Things like this make me wonder how Ebay can justify not being able to leave negative feedback for buyers. WTF?

He sent me pictures a few minutes later that don't really look like the same shirt I sent him.

That blows. I think ebay is changing the policy that if you win a dispute, the buyer cant give you any feedback. When i can, i put pictures of a measuring tape up against the clothes and include them in the pictures.

The best solution is to accept returns. Charge an extra $.50 for shipping on every item to cut your shipping cost if you have to pay to return an item. :nodding:

Shiny

Reaction score
How much less do you get on those Robt Graham shirts that have the initials RG on them? Before someone says, "do a completed listings search". I tried and it you can't separate the Robert grahams from the RGs. Thanks.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
How much less do you get on those Robt Graham shirts that have the initials RG on them? Before someone says, "do a completed listings search". I tried and it you can't separate the Robert grahams from the RGs. Thanks.
Do a completed listing search and use the below in the search

Robert Graham "RG"

That will only pull up items that have "RG" in the title
mwink[1].gif

But to answer our question it depends. Make sure it is not the RG London as that is a totally different brand

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Do a completed listing search and use the below in the search

Robert Graham "RG"

That will only pull up items that have "RG" in the title
mwink%5B1%5D.gif

But to answer our question it depends. Make sure it is not the RG London as that is a totally different brand

-london ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads