• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Spoo, how do you ship something under $250 and under 2lbs to Canada??

If its like $150ish or under, priority insured. $150 - $650 - Express insured, $650 -?? FedEx.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote: How can you send something under 2 lbs to Canada for $9. I actually really want to know.

The jeans I just shipped 1st class to Canada were $14.75 (1 lb. 9.70 oz). No clue how it could be cheaper then this. + $12 for registered mail = $27.70 total cost.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WARNING: DO NOT sell to kmichelles2012 on ebay. Add to block list IMMEDIATELY.

This is by far the most psychotic buyer I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. More coming soon.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Err... what? :puzzled:

Global tracking #:XXXXXXXX
Domestic tracking #:XXXXXXXX
Carrier:Multiple Carriers
This shipment has been transferred to Canada Post for delivery to the final destination (Ref # XXXXXXX)
Shipped from US Shipping Center to International Destination
2013-03-06, 23:12:54, Erlanger

Customs Documentation and Labeling
2013-03-06, 16:56:44, Erlanger

Processing at US Shipping Center
2013-03-06, 15:14:09, Erlanger

Ohh... further investigation reveals this dude used the global shipping program. Hope that goes well.

Last edited:

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got impatient and auctioned some stuff that I normally would have left sit as BIN. Had a Charles Tyrwhitt shirt go for $1.29 and another for $6.25, a Zegna for $5.50 and another for $4.25. Figure I probably lost about $120 by auctioning them versus BIN. Hopefully it at least brought a decent amount of traffic to my listings and will pay off in the long run. Most of the other items I auctioned along with them did okay. A PRL Corneliani blazer went for $99 that was badly stained, and in the auction I said that I took it to the cleaners and they could not get the stain out - so it's likely there to stay. Beats me.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"The more important one is , can the collar look any better after a good press or is it going to look wrinkled due to age no matter what?
I am not really sure what Doeskin is. Any explanation would be helpful.
I have some Tasmanian garments by Loro Piana which I am very happy with but anything less , just makes me itch.:-("

What do I say to this? I'm pretty sure the jacket will look fine after pressing, but I don't want to guarantee anything.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tell him to wikipedia Doeskin. I know I had to, but it's basically textured wool. Like saying moleskin.

Anyway, advice needed: Dude with excellent feedback wants me to invoice him so he can be sure to select his military address (saved on Ebay, so I would be sending to the EBAY listed address) as the one for me to send to. Do I recall that people have had trouble with thefts/fraud from military addresses?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tell him to wikipedia Doeskin. I know I had to, but it's basically textured wool. Like saying moleskin.

Anyway, advice needed: Dude with excellent feedback wants me to invoice him so he can be sure to select his military address (saved on Ebay, so I would be sending to the EBAY listed address) as the one for me to send to. Do I recall that people have had trouble with thefts/fraud from military addresses?
I haven't had any trouble with the APO/FPO/DPO addresses, but tracking is hit and miss (mostly miss). Also be sure to print and attach the corresponding customs sheets along with the normal label. Not sure why it gets both, but it does.

hmmurdock

Reaction score

Never had any issues myself....but I believe tracking stops once it is handed off to MPSA.

I haven't had any trouble with the APO/FPO/DPO addresses, but tracking is hit and miss (mostly miss). Also be sure to print and attach the corresponding customs sheets along with the normal label. Not sure why it gets both, but it does.

I believe it is a blanket requirement by the military/government to avoid any confusion. Sender may not know if address is domestic or international.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. He says he hasn't gone overseas yet, so I've offered him to ship Express to his US address (he's just over the NY border -- hell, I could DRIVE it to him) at no extra charge, as a thank you for his service to our country.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote: I have never had an issue, BUT I treat APO as international. There are numerious threads about people getting screwed by APO boxed. A buddy in the mail room "forgets" to make the final scan = ebay refund money. Once it goes to the base and is out of the post office hands, as many have said, tracking is very hit and miss....mostly miss. Thankfully most people are honest, but someone will screw you in the long run if you dont protect yourself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads