1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Dirt

Dirt Well-Known Member

If Frenchy ever came in this thread, he would say we give too many shits about folding jackets and this is why ISIS is winning.

2. Brianpore

Brianpore Well-Known Member

Frenchy is a master folder though [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. drlivingston

drlivingston Well-Known Member

While I am sure that this is a common occurrence for many of you, this is the first time for me to have a denim listing exceed 1000 views in a 10-day format.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  4. jebarne

jebarne Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever had 1000 views on anything including Kiton Suits and PTO-mentioned items.

May your many views create a bidding frenzy in the final 10 seconds of your listing.

1 person likes this.
  5. JFST

JFST Well-Known Member

3sixteen jeans are hot

1 person likes this.
  6. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

It's because it's Easter, duh. Religious jawnz.

5 people like this.
  7. Reosymes

Reosymes Well-Known Member

Being a small-timer, this is the first time this has happened to me. Someone going on a buying spree. I had to change the settings to allow him to purchase/bid more than 10 ties (avg price 50ish), after he sent a polite message. Feedback looks good, but I can't help being slightly paranoid.

8. Sartoriamo

Sartoriamo Well-Known Member

Some people just do that. I remember once playing hooky when I was at a conference in San Diego, and scouring a GW, when my iPhone started pinging with offers, one after another. It was one of those rare times that I had women's stuff listed, and the guy bought about 16 items for himself and a dozen for his wife. So it was "offer-sound, ka-ching-sound" for 20 minutes while he got it all done. Biggest order ever, not dollar-wise, but number of items. Still went well over a grand, and not one return. Smooth as silk, and good feedback followed. Best part was the look on the faces of the other GW pickers. "Holy $h!t. Is he ever gonna stop?", and a laugh with every new ka-ching. Yessirree. Hasn't happened since, but it was fun while it lasted . . . I gave him free shipping on all of it, just to say thanks.

Come to think of it, I used to buy multiple items myself to get the benefit of combined shipping, especially when I was first building my wardrobe and trying out different stuff, but at some point alone the way I stopped caring about that. Much too picky now. One carefully selected thing at a time these days. Nice to hear that people are still doing it, though. Chunks down that inventory!

1 person likes this.
  9. Reosymes

Reosymes Well-Known Member

Sent him a combined invoice. He's complaining that he only sees one item in the invoice, but the $$ for all the items. Sent him a screenshot of the invoice showing all items, plus info on how to pay (just click on shopping cart) but he's gone silent. I'll update with his user ID if he backs out.

Update: He paid.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  10. Versace Guy

Versace Guy Well-Known Member

Here's one for the block list:
    drb1911

Bought a shirt from me and returned it damaged. I called eBay, they asked me to wait 3 days to "work it out with the buyer" before they would step in. After 3 days, they just automatically refund the buyer. Is there anything I can do at this point? I have the picture before I sent him and after with damage.

Fueco likes this.
  11. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

So, this just happened. I got a new color star! :cool:
    Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 10.29.28 PM.png

12. dreamspace

dreamspace Well-Known Member

Interesting (and sad) experience with a, and I can only assume, batsh!t insane seller on Ebay. Store owner, actually. Stay away from the store rlg16 is all I can say.

Last week I won a nice Borrelli suit on the German Ebay. NWT, blue, my size and all, and I got a great price. The seller / store, however, did not accept Paypal as a method on their Ebay store page. Apparently common in Germany, since laws forbid Ebay for forcing sellers to use paypal. Wire transfer is still a big thing.

Sent the payment, and thought everything was ok. Get a message from seller saying that paypal is holding the money, and won't release for 14 days. He refuses to ship before money is released, and says 14 days is too long. "please send money", he says. Seems like he sent me a paypal-address that has not been used before, or not for these kinds of items...that's the only way I know that paypal will hold the money (I had to confirm that I've received the item via the paypal-purchase)

He then opens a non-payment case against me, while asking for money. I get him to refund me, and tell him to send an invoice, to see if that works. By now, Ebay had closed the case, and he just said "Sorry, you can't buy the item" and re-lists it. I got a ding on the buying record.

I leave a negative feedback, explaining that I sent the seller money, but he refused to co-operate, and just opened up a dispute against me.

Within 5 minutes of leaving the negative feedback, I receive this mail:

[​IMG]

I've now noticed that he got that negative feedback removed, but it was 100% justified. I also noticed that he's gotten a new negative feedback from other sellers, presumably for the same reason (canceling purchase / not knowing how paypal works).

13. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Well-Known Member

Try this guide, this fucking lunatic needs to lose his eBay account.

http://www.ebay.com/gds/When-emaile...harrassment-on-Ebay-/10000000002184017/g.html

bert9000 and Reosymes like this.
  14. AIC99

AIC99 Well-Known Member

OMG! He was so rude, I really think Ebay should do something with these poeple

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017 at 2:50 PM
  15. My Main Man

My Main Man Well-Known Member

Sorry for this post. When the site updated, for whatever reason, this thread got taken out of my subscribed threads. (i checked every page and did an Apple+F search. it definitely wasn't there.) Now I don't see any sort of button to click to subscribe to a thread, so I'm posting this rambling message to see if that helps.

(edit: it worked!)

16. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

If someone sent a return back a week after the return was closed (due to too much time having passed); is there anything wrong with marking a return package "Return To Sender"?

17. drlivingston

drlivingston Well-Known Member

Was it postmarked prior to the return being closed?

18. jebarne

jebarne Well-Known Member

19. Tyrone MacStiophain

Tyrone MacStiophain Well-Known Member

Bravo! I'm headed towards that exact goal myself!

20. AIC99

AIC99 Well-Known Member

It happened to me too, but unfortunately with more threads