• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Just checked, I've sold to this guy and got positive feedback without issue before...
tinfoil.gif

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Not sure why the search wasn't working for me.

And I'm supposed to suspect that someone who has been an Ebay member longer than me, who has only left negative feedback one time in 14 years, is a scammer? I would think that if someone has been scamming the system, there would be some comments from the sellers in response to the feedback, or at least a bunch of "no longer a registered user" notes next to the seller's names.

Frankly, every post this dude makes in this forum is a call for attention. He is quite literally the boy who cried wolf (I'm assuming he's an actual person, and not just a spambot). I really wish the "block user" feature allowed us to actually not see the person's post. I don't need this fucktard ruining my enjoyment of this forum. I am going to take another break from this forum, and will check back in December.

You can always choose not to read certain peoples posts. I don't block anyone but there are a few users whose posts I always gloss over. Jompso isn't one of those, however.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Sold cotton J. Crew sport coat tagged 40S. I included the following measurements in the listing:

underarm seam to underarm seam: 18.5 in.
shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 17.5 in.
shoulder seam to cuff: 21.5 in.
shoulder to bottom hem: 29.75 in.

Buyer contacted me today with the following:

this jacket was altered from shoulders, sleeves, and back. it fits more like 36s than a 40s. I've own several Ludlow suits and I know the fit. I will have to take this in to the tailor and this will cost. Please advise.

I actually am not clear what he wants and asked him to clarify. I also pointed out that I included measurements in the listing and encouraged prospective buyers to contact me with any questions.

I'm thinking I'll offer to take it back if he pays shipping or discount if he wants to keep. I don't really want this thing back. What do you guys think?

I would suggest always including in your preowned item posts that the item may have been altered and will not fit to the tagged size.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just checked, I've sold to this guy and got positive feedback without issue before...
tinfoil.gif
He offered me a lowball andtried to dicatate terms then when I didnt accept he offered 550 more than 50 more after that just to get me to accept, I message him because this is obviously weird and attempted to get me into a legal situation with him and ask for the truth for me to decide. His response to that was hacking into my computer taking over my accounts changing all the **** I wrote in the posts to absolute crazy psychotic rambling that was of no sense at all and then offer at and told me I better take it, all while sending me messages in white he was being sure to word them perfectlybut tautnng all behavior and dictating back to me informatoin only accessible inside my accounds by me. Knowing this doees he sound likee some who is worth doing or not doing business with? Because I wouldnt selll him an Oxxford Super 100s Suit for 70 w/ shipping and no x even though hes aa CA resident/ That was his response to that. The evidence of pure psychosis is all over while small limited time of sanity were there and readily avialble before he got a chance to change all my words.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes this is him, striclty a buyer, doesnt give a **** about sellers and their efforts as he voiced. Perfect feedback. Yet easily and realy engages in activites like this that are untraceable by ebay and then sends messages and offers again. Zero shot that that is 100% legitmately earned.
I'm inclined to believe too, that would be a pretty wild thing to "fabricate".
This is ******* nutts. I have done a lot of things here, butthose things included in engaging into confronttations with others, elongated posts about a pleathora of things that were very wordy and extremely detailed. Ivve done **** like that but that behaviour this morning, is thhis morning? does that in anyway fit charater of mine eithe rnegative or not wpersonal feelings towards me are regardless? No I've never gone ******* psychoo babble making entire posts using letters with any english involved, or sentences made up of randonm words, thats not a way I choose to spend my Friday ******* mornings, acting like a cucking deranged methhead on some online forum. **** this. **** all of this ****. Jesus shrist.now still have an open offer that if I dont accept have no clue what is in store for me/.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: Have you run a virus check on your computer? Running PC or Mac? He doesn't have control of your computer, he just figured out a way to insert a key logger. Google that ****, and figure out what you need to do to get rid of him. Also, call the cops.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no reason nor do I have any dsire from here on out to stress what had occured for a good portion of todal and the feeling you have when someone is in control of your computer accessing any information they desire/. If you dont believe me get fucked and maybe one day you too can have a fun day like mine with the open ended that of when does it or will it or how does it stop. The financial stuff was appreciated, doubters, questions, weird older mmen who are clearly hating on people, for different then just not liking a person, but actively hating on peoplle decades younger, who has been doeing this for a little over a year yet ...well....what are the reasons that people like that hate on others? You decide I dont neeed to say it. He has to live with it, thats good with me. , EVERYONE, just dont listen leave this person off, your list, get to enjoy him ass a customer. And see if he chooses to do this **** to you or not. Trust me, given the chance again to takie the gamble and risk of this happening or just selling the suit, and I'd do this ALL ******* OVER AGAIN ....JESUSS ******* CHRIST.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you run a virus check on your computer? Running PC or Mac? He doesn't have control of your computer, he just figured out a way to insert a key logger. Google that ****, and figure out what you need to do to get rid of him. Also, call the cops.
HOLY ******* ****. A PERSON GIVING INFORMATION THAT IS HELPFUL, GOOD TO KNOW, NECESSARY AND ALSO REITERATING A NOTION OF WHICH I TOTALLY FORGOT. PURELY A POST MADE TO HELP SOMEONE OUT. THANK YOU.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One for the blocked list (ebay, not the forum)
mynameisgeorgevictor
I would assume his name is in fact, George Victor, or not.
Here's a clue:

Spoiler alert - He likes CAPS AND PUNCTUATION!!!!

rhyme

Reaction score
There is absolutely no ******* way someone can get into your computer if you decline an ebay offer unless he works for the NSA and has backdoor access. Tell him you are ready to agree to his terms and get his address so you can go beat his ass.

download hijackthis and paste you log here or PM it to me. It will be easy to tell if you are running a trojan or not.

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was curious how he would have gotten in as well. Jompso, did he send you any messages with links you clicked or attachments you opened?

TinderStick

Reaction score
I cannot believe that someone would hack into a person's computer because that person will not accept an ebay best offer for a second-hand suit, and then proceed to use that access to write gibberish on a forum.

Maybe I'm wrong.

freehand

Reaction score
It's hard to believe because it didn't happen. It seems to be a breakdown and it's very sad.

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score
Guys, thanks for your feedback on the sport coat. I messaged with the buyer and he admitted not having read the description. I offered to give him a discount to offset tailoring.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics