1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Brianpore

Brianpore Well-Known Member

No, those chose "merchandise issue" with no additional details provided.

If they had chosen unauthorized payment or not received that is easy to win if you upload the tracking number.

1 person likes this.
  2. Spruce Moose

Spruce Moose Well-Known Member

Probably a dumb question but can you speak to the CC company? Sounds like fraud to me

3. Brookston

Brookston Member

Found these PRL Boots new at a TJ Maxx.

Any Ebay Title Advice?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. My Main Man

My Main Man Well-Known Member

5. carreragt7

carreragt7 Well-Known Member

So I asked the seller point blank if the watch is authentic, as there were a few things that I and my local Panerai dealer noticed seemed off. This was their response:
    [​IMG]

At this point it would seem like a reasonable thing for me to be able to cancel the transaction, correct? The title, details, and description all use the brand name. Pictures of watch face and back clearly show the brand name/logo. So the item goes against eBay's policies.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  6. bert9000

bert9000 Well-Known Member

"Merchandise issue" = SNAD. Don't know what to do in your situation; everything I've read seems to suggest that PayPal just shrugs and tells you to go fuck yourself. Oh and they might charge you a fee for getting charged back.

7. drlivingston

drlivingston Well-Known Member

You can absolutely cancel the transaction without any fear of a defect. That is seller misrepresentation.

2 people like this.
  8. bry2000

bry2000 Well-Known Member

Hi, please indulge me with a noob question. I have never shipped a package to a buyer in Canada and now may be in a position to do so (non-EBAY transaction a bit over $200.). I would like to send the package with full tracking to the buyer with insurance.

I stopped into my local USPS today and unfortunately the agent I spoke to did not seem to know exactly which method, if any, would allow tracking to the buyer. Can anyone please advise? Any other tips I should know in sending the package to Canada? Many thanks!

9. Reosymes

Reosymes Well-Known Member

USPS Express has door to door tracking available, and comes with insurance up to $200. Bit expensive. For Canada (e-delcon country), even first class (upto 4lbs) has door to door tracking, but no insurance. You can get 3rd party insurance, but for getting reimbursed you'll need the cooperation of the buyer. Priority mail doesn't have tracking once the package leaves the country.

1 person likes this.
  10. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Well-Known Member

Wow. I don't know what to say. That's a scary story. I suppose one person could only do that so many times before even the CC company calls bullshit, but there's a lot of people and a lot of CC's out there.

11. burgerkong

burgerkong Well-Known Member

Not true. Canada Post scans it into their system, once tracking updates stop on USPS you can punch the number into Canada Post's site.

12. Tyrone MacStiophain

Tyrone MacStiophain Well-Known Member

I've been asked to take seven Members Only jackets on for consignment. All have a label with a rainbow on it, most are "by Europe Craft" size 36, but two are "by Fabil" size 20. (?)
    So, two questions.
    1) Does anyone know how to date vintage Members ONly jackets? I haven't found anything good online, except for a dubious forum saying "rainbow tags are the best ones".
    2) If you were in my situation, would you sell them as a batch, or individually?
    [​IMG]

13. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Well-Known Member

I held a hat for a guy for two weeks, paid one day earlier than promised, gave me an extra $10 and positive feedback. So you never know

3 people like this.
  14. Jazzmenco

Jazzmenco Well-Known Member

Does anybody have experience shipping to Belarus? Safe?

15. Spruce Moose

Ugh I'm bummed out. I bought a jacket I thought was going to be a nice bargain but it's missing the liner and the hood. Without the liner the jacket is too big for me. Would you return as SNAD?

In a perfect world I'd like to check with Burberry how much a replacement liner would be but I can't find the model and I'm not even sure what the zip in liner looks like. It must have sleeves as it has clips at the end of the jacket sleeves. Maybe it's an outlet piece as it is made in Romania

Jacket wasn't too expensive at 100 CAD and free shipping so it's not gonna kill me and I'm sure I could get close to my money back as can be worn without liner but would need a bigger guy but as it stands now the jacket is useless and do I really owe this guy any favors? Probably not

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Mens-Burberry-Jacket-size-Large-/152433300065?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  16. dad2bandm

dad2bandm Well-Known Member

Looking at the Ebay ad...how does "excellent condition" = missing liner and hood. That would seem obvious to point out in ad description.

Can't really tell from the one single picture.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  17. Spruce Moose

I messaged them to see if they have the liner and hood but if they don't I think I'll end up returning it. I've never returned anything or even left negative feedback before but this is not my fault and I shouldn't have to eat the cost.

18. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

Are either the liner or the hood shown in the pic in the listing? Seller may not know what's supposed to be there.

19. Spruce Moose

Well there was only 1 picture. It's possible as the collar folds down to cover the buttons for the hood and it still looks like a jacket without the liner.

However the ad says: *bought in Burberry store - tags still on inside to prove it is 'real.'

If they really bought in the store though then he should know what it came with although I guess they left it ambiguous enough that "someone" bought in Burberry store lol

20. Brianpore

Brianpore Well-Known Member