• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

OolongT

Reaction score
With my new tie listings last night, I decided to add (read: shamelessly copy) Spoo's and Brian's verbiage about pre-owned items and how they could have additional minor runs etc. that have not been noted. I get a message about a rt 7 fold tie asking me if I can guarantee that the tie is flawless because for that money it better be flawless. I replied that I did not see any runs or stains on it, and if I did I would've noted it. Guy still seems unsatisfied ('Your disclaimer makes it seem that some tiny flaws may still be present and nobody wants that with a hundred dollar tie').

How to respond? I've already changed the location of the disclaimer in the terms and conditions rather than prominently in the item's description. In this case, the fabric is a typical rt ****-you jacquard fabric with so much going on, one would have to look with a nanoscope to make sure there aren't any imperfections.

Block that ******. he's trouble waiting to happen.

This. The likelihood that this buyer will go over your tie with a magnifying glass looking for the tiniest imperfection is 120%. Sell it to someone else.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone see that we get a whole $5 from a class action lawsuit? I think I'll use mine to pay for 10 more "free" listings

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With my new tie listings last night, I decided to add (read: shamelessly copy) Spoo's and Brian's verbiage about pre-owned items and how they could have additional minor runs etc. that have not been noted. I get a message about a rt 7 fold tie asking me if I can guarantee that the tie is flawless because for that money it better be flawless. I replied that I did not see any runs or stains on it, and if I did I would've noted it. Guy still seems unsatisfied ('Your disclaimer makes it seem that some tiny flaws may still be present and nobody wants that with a hundred dollar tie').

How to respond? I've already changed the location of the disclaimer in the terms and conditions rather than prominently in the item's description. In this case, the fabric is a typical rt ****-you jacquard fabric with so much going on, one would have to look with a nanoscope to make sure there aren't any imperfections.

If his name is Hullyepta, don't bother responding to him. Dude has been asking me questions on $20 tie I have up. I told him I wasn't jumping through hoops to sell him a $20 tie and left it at that. He's also done the same thing to 1otck.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If his name is Hullyepta, don't bother responding to him. Dude has been asking me questions on  $20 tie I have up. I told him I wasn't jumping through hoops to sell him a $20 tie and left it at that. He's also done the same thing to 1otck.

Me too on 3 mint current Zegna ties. Real waste of time

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
me 4 on several items - and there are like 6 other shade accounts associated with it. all asking about printed or woven patterns, russian address with uk shipping, all blocked. all the emails associated with them start with "ebayavg(numbers)@yandex.ru".

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I recommend reading the book How to Win Friends & Influence People while waiting outside for the exchange. Also should be sitting on the chair appropriately, following up The Definitive Book of Body Language of Allan Pease.

Smooth ebay transaction assured.

Read how to win friends and influence other when I took a 3 month dale Carnegie class, great read

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

me 4 on several items - and there are like 6 other shade accounts associated with it. all asking about printed or woven patterns, russian address with uk shipping, all blocked. all the emails associated with them start with "ebayavg(numbers)@yandex.ru".

Ya one of the other accounts was asking "is this tie authentic" for a freakin Zegna tie

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped replying to him and moved on. Not the same buyer s you guys have mentioned above.

Btw, @SpooPoker , could I get a authenticity check on this? Any ideas for the title, if legit? Thanks!

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what do you guys tell someone when they ask about authenticity of an item?

masaccio

Reaction score

Block that ******. he's trouble waiting to happen.

I get that ITT it's largely sellers and this is a not uncommon sentiment, but I'll offer a buyer's perspective, at least as it relates to disclaimers.

The verbiage mentioned above would be a small red flag to me, because it looks like an attempt to do exactly what @Steve Smith mentioned above, an attempt on the part of the seller to transfer his responsibility to the buyer.

I run away from auctions that have a description that says nothing about the item, but just says "look at the pictures." It tells me that I'm likely to find a blurry photo in the 9 or 10 slot that could be passed off as bad photography but just as likely is "showing" minor damage.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped replying to him and moved on. Not the same buyer s you guys have mentioned above.

Btw, @SpooPoker , could I get a authenticity check on this? Any ideas for the title, if legit? Thanks!

Looks legit, I think I've found one with that tag before. Also i've read that the I and E finishing at he same spot vertically is a good sign?

yanger87

Reaction score
order from brazil, and looked up in Google people's experiences and it looks like a total crap show. it's a shirt and cheap. abort?

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I get that ITT it's largely sellers and this is a not uncommon sentiment, but I'll offer a buyer's perspective, at least as it relates to disclaimers.

The verbiage mentioned above would be a small red flag to me, because it looks like an attempt to do exactly what @Steve Smith mentioned above, an attempt on the part of the seller to transfer his responsibility to the buyer.

I run away from auctions that have a description that says nothing about the item, but just says "look at the pictures." It tells me that I'm likely to find a blurry photo in the 9 or 10 slot that could be passed off as bad photography but just as likely is "showing" minor damage.

I usually put "please refer to pictures for condition" with my shoe listings. I have had too many returns from buyers stating that my description of condition did not match the condition of the item. My perception of "excellent condition" could be different for someone else so I like to just have detailed pictures so the buyer can make that call for themselves

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads