1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Business trip to Naples. 06/2013

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by montenapoleone, Jun 28, 2013.

1. montenapoleone

montenapoleone Well-Known Member

2. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Well-Known Member

Well since this is SF.

The gentleman at the market need to shorten his sleeves, the jacket looks long and tsk tsk for not buttoning it when standing.

The groom looks like he did well.

The last pics is beautiful, almost looks like a volcano or something.

3. montenapoleone

montenapoleone Well-Known Member

The city of Naples is like a big open market. You would find anything there, from the highest fashionista to the poorest man walking the city streets. Fruit stands to counterfeit accessories in every corner. The coffee is incredibly delicious for those who appreciate espresso. The pizza is absolutely among the world's best and the sun always shines.
    It's like the 'Calcutta' of Europe.
    Everything Happens there!

4. EliodA

EliodA Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. poorsod

poorsod Well-Known Member

You mean like Vesuvius? :eh:

6. bboysdontcryy

bboysdontcryy Well-Known Member

LOL.

I stayed at Grand Hotel Parker the times I visited Naples -- a hotel which was the Allied HQ during WWII. The room I stayed in had a stunning view of Mt Vesuvius. That, plus the breakfast area allowed you to overlook the sea. The scenery was a real treat.

Apart from things sartorial related, it was one of the rare times I got up close and personal with a city that hadn't lost its soul (there's a certain ubiquity at all the major metropolitan cities I've visited/stayed at).

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/naples/H33463.html

http://www.bownsbest.com/grandhotelparkers2.html

Didn't see counterfeit stuff, actually. But I just might not have been looking.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013