1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Business Card Design

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by Stazy, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Stazy

Stazy Well-Known Member

I'm getting some business cards made that I'll be using at accounting recruiting events. Does anyone have any design suggestions?

I've heard of some people buying a domain and uploading their resume to it. If I were to do this, would it make sense to include the url on the business card with the rest of my contact information?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  2. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

It even has a watermark.

3. Stazy

Stazy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  4. lefty

lefty Well-Known Member

http://us.moo.com/ for cheap cards.

Buy the domain of your name and park your contact info and resume there.

lefty

5. Stazy

Stazy Well-Known Member

Okay I'll look into them. I just discovered that plastic business cards are a thing. They look so cool.

6. thenanyu

thenanyu Well-Known Member

7. dragon8

dragon8 Well-Known Member

8. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

Quote:
    Thanks for the link, I sent them an email. I found a company that uses a thick paper similar to that, they charged over $1 a card though! I thought I might as well hand $1 bills to people, they would remember more than if I just gave them my card!! Haha.

9. adamc68

adamc68 New Member

check out http://www.cardsmadeeasy.com/

I went here for my business cards :) They turned out very well and the team there were really helpfull in what I should put on my business card :)

10. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

How thick is the paper? I want THICK!!! They have 360gsm paper, no idea what that means, also I;m not sure whether to pick matte or gloss

11. StephenHero

StephenHero Well-Known Member

I make my own on quality cardstock. I've got about five different designs that I keep for different circumstances. I made them in Indesign. It's easy to do if you have a paper cutter and don't need a large volume of them.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  12. amnesiacv2

amnesiacv2 Well-Known Member

Use moo.com as linked above.

Their cards are very thick, almost plastic-like. No chance of edge wear or creasing from storage. Their default soft-touch matte finish is very nice too.

My only issues:
    - Non-standard sizing. Good, because they can't get lost in a pile. Bad, because you are forced to use their business card holders.
    - Digital print process. Good for most usage but not as sharp as traditional 4-color.

They also have a new luxury line which looks amazing and is even thicker. Definitely getting those for my next run.