1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Buff Colored Ties

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Flyswatter, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Well-Known Member

I think a navy suit, light blue shirt, and buff colored tie is a rather attractive combination. See this PutThisOn article for an excellent example of this combination. As I'm about to acquire my first navy suit, I'd like to add a buff tie to my collection. I'm not having much luck finding any, however. Any recommendations as to where to buy one online? Preferably under $75 or so, but I'd be willing to go higher if it's an especially nice tie.

Also, feel free to post pics of your own buff ties in this thread. :) Maybe this can turn into the unofficial err.. buff thread. As long as no one interprets that the wrong way...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  2. Flyswatter

[​IMG]

Beautiful combination. (From Patrick Johnson/PTO)

3. Flyswatter

4. GBR

GBR Well-Known Member

Try a shop, they often have such things.

5. Flyswatter

[​IMG]

6. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Well-Known Member

7. Flyswatter

Thanks. I'm a huge fan of Hober ties and in fact I just received my first order from David today. I had seen the tie you linked to, but it's a bit more yellow than what I'm looking for.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013