1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

brown strap for my watch

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Willem, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Willem

Willem Active Member

A few years ago I bought a Georg Jensenwatch: http://www.georgjensen.com/~/media/I...&h=640&as=true Because I never wear black shoes/belts anymore, the watch is not in use. A pity, because I like the minimalistic face. I'm looking for a brown strap. Any suggestions?

2. DrZRM

DrZRM Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you are asking? Measure it lug to lug (the width of the strap at the watch) and get what you like. This is an easy watch to install a strap on. Look on timezone.com in the classified section for some ideas on color.

3. Willem

Willem Active Member

Well, to be honest. I'm looking for an online shop where I can order a simple ( not a cheap looking) brown strap.
    Or is it better to sell the watch because a brown strap won't do the job?

4. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

5. southbound35

southbound35 Well-Known Member

Well, to be honest. I'm looking for an online shop where I can order a simple ( not a cheap looking) brown strap.
    Or is it better to sell the watch because a brown strap won't do the job?

If you like the watch, there is certainly no need to sell it. A brown strap will work very well with it.

As has been suggested, just measure (in mm) the width of the watch end of the strap and choose a brown strap you like. There are a number of threads with suggestions for companies that sell watch straps (both here and especially on timezone.com).

6. DrZRM

DrZRM Well-Known Member

+1

I've had several good experiences with each of them.

I've generally been pretty happy with aftermarket straps sold by Walt at LoneStarWatches.com or Bob Davis (http://www.mywatchmaker.net/watchstr...atchstraps.htm ). Both are regulars on TZ Sales Corner

7. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

8. breitlingman

breitlingman Well-Known Member

The Watch Boys are great as well

I've had good experiences with TWB as well.. A nice dark or honey brown Gator strap would look nice on that way.

9. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

The Watch Boys are great as well

Random q - do you know Kurt? He's a fun dude

10. lagsun

lagsun Well-Known Member

I've purchase a couple of straps (Di-Modell Carbon and Hadley-Roma SS Bracelet) for my Breitling from Kenny at fredawatchstraps. He goes by cheapbas on TimeZone.

11. corner791212

corner791212 New Member

Uhmm,you can browse www.new-nike.com .the watches in it are fashion and beautifu and the price is cheap!

12. Willem

Willem Active Member

I've had good experiences with TWB as well.. A nice dark or honey brown Gator strap would look nice on that way.

Thank you all for your advice.
    The Gator strap is very nice, but because the watch is very minimalistic, will the alligator strap and the minimialistic face be a good combination?

13. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

Random q - do you know Kurt? He's a fun dude

No..I never made it out to any of the TO Panny GTGs but I have purchased stuff from him over the years...great service and products.

14. imatlas

imatlas Well-Known Member

April in Paris does bespoke watch straps, if you're so inclined.