1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Brown (frame and lenses) sunglasses

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by FCS, Sep 10, 2004.

1. FCS

FCS Well-Known Member

What do you people think of these? Does it give an oldish impression or something?

2. enderz

enderz Active Member

there's no image or link there buddy...

3. FCS

FCS Well-Known Member

That was a general question, not on a specific item. Opinions would be much appreciated.

4. Keith T

Keith T Well-Known Member

I have some tortoise-shell sunglasses (shades of lighter to darker brown/black) but the lenses are green (Ray-Ban Wayfarers). I wouldn't think that they would make a person look old. At least I hope not. The theory here is that, generally speaking, the frames/lenses that one chooses should not only complement the shape of one's head, but also one's complexion.

So as long as my hair stays brown, I am going to keep these in the rotation. They may not be as "classic" as the black ones... a la Blues Bros.-Tom Cruise in Risky Business-Ric Ocasek (or insert your favorite rocker)...but I like them on me.

There are just so many combinations of brown frames/brown lenses that it would be hard to generalize. Certain pairings may give an oldish impression, I suppose. I always liked the Steve McQueen (Persol?) kind of look. Serengeti has some brown on brown stuff that I like as well.