1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Brooks Brothers Tailors

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mujib, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Mujib

Mujib Well-Known Member

Recommended, or in-store tailoring services generally a bad idea? BB said they send Black Fleece alterations to be done in NY. Does that make it any better?

2. Twotone

Twotone Well-Known Member

The key is to have your alterations measured by the tailor -- not a sales person. If you are measured locally and the work is done in NYC, there could be some disconnect. I doubt BB Black Fleece has any unique construction that any competent local tailor could not handle.

I have purchased suits, sport coats, trousers, etc. from my local BB, Nordstroms, NM, Dillards, etc. that have needed alterations. I never have their house tailors do my alterations as I found a local tailor shop run by two great Chinese women who do amazing work, at reasonable prices and on time. I have been taking all my alterations to them for many years. They know me and how my clothes fit. If you can, find a local independent tailor and work with them. Results will be consistent no matter where you bought your clothes.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013